Childcare and Home Life

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sazza

Childcare and Home Life

Post by sazza » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:24 pm

my question is and has been bugging me since i started my studies is
Am i going to use up all my patients and energy with the children at work and not have any left at home for my own children?
its been bugging me for a while now and i now have a lot of self doubt in working in children care ?
has anyone else felt like this or am i alone?

Lorina

Re: Childcare and Home Life

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:45 pm

It's hard working with children all day then coming home to look after your own. I guess it's just like with any job, when you're at the center you do what's required as an educator and when you go back home you are a mother... It may take some time to adjust to working at a centre but I think that you should be fine!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:46 pm

How old are your children?

Are you wanting full time/part time work?

Lorina

sazza

Post by sazza » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:33 pm

thanks lorina
my children 10 ,5 and 2 years
i would only be able to work part time due to my youngest in day care and my two older children with school hours
yeah i guess i will get use to it over time just worries me that i want to be a child care educator and spending the two years completing my diploma and finding out myself and my children are not coping or not being able to have the energy and patients with them

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Working with the babies and toddlers is non-stop or you could try the preschool room... Since the children are a little older it's less frantic than the toddlers... You will find what works best for you...

Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Sazza,

Have you thought about doing Family Day Care? You can work from home, take care of your own child and take your children to school, do as many or as little FDC hours as you want. Your children will count in your numbers though so you would be able to care for another three little ones including your 2 year old..... you get the best of both worlds that way.

Linsaa Fdc :wave:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:52 pm

Great idea!

Lorina