CertIII Education Support Role

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
aleks

CertIII Education Support Role

Post by aleks » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:55 pm

Hello me again.

I have an interview for a Child Care Educator-Education Support position in a preschool next Monday.
It is a part time Cert3 position for a few hours a day.

Would you help explain what Education Support means in this context. They listed the usual attributes for a cert3 holder, listing experience with special needs children as the last one. Is it similar to a Teacher's Aide in a classroom. Or is that they just need an extra staff on hand for a partucular special need child? Or is it working one on one with a special needs child. Or a combination of all the above :)

What questions/scenarios can I expect in the interview in this context? How to best prepare for this interview given the fact that I don't have any experience in this kind of role before. Are there any articles, websites I can study through that list some of the strategies used with special needs children or inclusion philosophies.

Sorry for all the questions, thanking you in advance

Aleks

Lorina

Re: CertIII Education Support Role

Post by Lorina » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:02 am

Hi Aleks,

If the position is only for a few hours, part time it could be for a role working with an additional needs child, especially if they mentioned it in the job description. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been mentioned... They may ask you whether or not you have had expereince working with a child with additional needs before... Even if you haven't that's fine! You could tell them that you are interested in this position because you would like to gain experience working with a child with additional needs.

I have some information of inclusion support and supporting a child with additional needs which you may find useful:

[attachment=1]additional_needs_inclusion.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]Inclusion of Children w Additional Needs_Dec12.pdf[/attachment]
Good Luck,

:geek:,
Lorina

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.