Cert III: Why the difference in price?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
inkhearted

Cert III: Why the difference in price?

Post by inkhearted » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:15 pm

Hi everyone! I've been searching for an online course in children's services and have found a huge range of prices -- anywhere from $500 to $2000+ -- and I'm wondering if anyone knows why there's such a large discrepancy. For instance: I just found Liv Early Childhood, which offers the course for $600, and I got an e-mail from Inspire Education offering it "on sale" for $1100.

Obviously, I'd prefer to go with the cheaper option, but the range makes me think that cheaper might not be better. Are some institutions not recognized by employers, or are they not held in high regard? Would choosing the more expensive options lead to a higher chance of employment? Or is it a matter of not having the same level of support, or something?

I'm nervous about spending money on a course and not getting employed afterward, but obviously I want to get a quality education as well. Any insight would be appreciated! :) Also, if anyone has any recommendations for a good course provider I'd love to hear about them. I'm finding it difficult to pick one--there are so many different options.

Lorina

Re: Cert III: Why the difference in price?

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:28 am

$600 for an on-line course that is pretty good... Like you found out some online places are very expensive. I was checking out the one you mentioned LIV and they seem alright. Their courses are all nationally recognised and they seems to provide additional support through their own learning portal (forum, videos, presentations etc). The only catch with this course through LIV is that you have only 6 months to complete the course. If you can't complete the course in six months you will be charged $20 per month. I think you may find with other courses through different providers you may have upto 1-2 years to complete the course.

Honestly there is so much competition out there for different providers to study with you just need to find one that suits your needs and go with them. If you don't think you can complete the course within 6 months then you may have to find somewhere else. Other than that it sounds alright...

Good Luck,

:geek:,
L.A

inkhearted

Post by inkhearted » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:37 am

Thank you, Lorina! I suppose I'll go with LIV then, if there doesn't seem to be much of a difference. I don't have a lot else going on at the moment, so six months seems doable. I think I'll chance it!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:42 am

No problem! :thumbup:

If you can get it done in 6 months that's great... At least when you finish your qualification you can start looking for a job as a qualified assistant...It will give many more job opportunities as well...

Good Luck With It and remember we are always here if you need any help!

:geek:,
L.A

thalia1410

Post by thalia1410 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi Emily, just wondering if you have enrolled in LIV? and if so, may I know what do you think about it?

Thank you :)

inkhearted

Post by inkhearted » Sun May 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Hi Thalia, I actually haven't just yet because of the 6 month requirement. I have some travel coming up in the next six months (three weeks later in May, and three weeks in September) and as I won't have internet access then, I wanted to make sure I gave myself enough time to complete the course. I'm planning on enrolling at the beginning of June, so I'll be able to let you know soon! If you enroll before then I'd love to hear about your experiences.

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi Inkhearted,

how did you go with LIV? When I did my course I was very sceptical I took the dive in and did mine with a provider it cost around $900 gave me 12 months.
happy to recommend the trainer I used to as she was very helpful.

Rgs.