Centre Management Position

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
sjf301281

Centre Management Position

Post by sjf301281 » Mon May 18, 2015 11:12 am

I'm being interviewed for a centre management position, and Ive passed the phone interview and have proceeded to the next stage consisting of a face to face interview with the area manager also. I'm really nervous and was wondering if anyone can give me some ideas as to what questions will be asked and how full on they will be

Lorina

Re: Centre Management Position

Post by Lorina » Mon May 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Congratulations!

You would need to have sound knowledge of the NQS, NQF, EYLF, Regs etc. You may be asked questions on assessment and ratings and what you have done previously to prepare for this (if any). You may be asked leadership and team work questions in relation to managing a team, dealing with disputes or talking to an educator about an issue or concerns. Ways to improve the centre if needed, or to build relationships with families and the community. Basically you need to be prepared for anything! It's a position for running and directing a centre so you may be asked some tough questions!

Here is some more info that may help:

[attachment=1]Diretor_Duites_Responsibilities.pdf[/attachment]
[attachment=0]director_tips_1.pdf[/attachment]
Best of Luck!!!

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Re: Centre Management Position

Post by fchaudari76 » Sun May 24, 2015 8:26 pm

Questions may be more on the lines of how you will lead and manage.
May get asked about rostering, WHS, improving enrollments, services, parent communication etc