Centre job application

Feeling nervous about an interview? Wondering what questions you will get asked, writing a resume, what to wear? Share your thoughts or get advice before your interview.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
law92
Helper
Helper

Centre job application

Post by law92 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm wanting to get some work at a centre as a group leader. I'm just wondering, how long should I wait before I start chasing up my application? I've already applied for 2 jobs which are advertised online this week, and I'm thinking of dropping my resume into some other centres as barely anyone is advertising at the moment. I just hope I can find some work as I've deferred uni and enrolled in the diploma course and hope I've made the right decision. My tafe teacher is encouraging me to find some casual work so I don't have to enrol in vocational placement which I think is a good idea, as I know centres in my town get full up with students which makes trying to find a placement really difficult. So should I be making follow up calls to centres or wait for them to contact me?

Lorina

Re: Centre job application

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:32 pm

I think that it's fine, after a couple of days to ring and see if the centre has received your job application. It shows that you are keen and interested. You can also introduce yourself to the director over the phone and have a quick chat that your interested in finding work/qualifications etc. That way, when the director does get to your application that they remember you since you called as well. So, in my opinion it's good to make a follow up call...

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina

childhoodmatters

Re: Centre job application

Post by childhoodmatters » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:29 pm

The noisy wheel gets the oil :)