Centre ECT wage

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
chrissy_s2000

Centre ECT wage

Post by chrissy_s2000 » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some help, I am really confused at what my pay rate should be. I am the government required ECT teacher in my centre, and have worked here for over 3 years. What level does this position put me on the Children's Services Award 2010?

Thanks!

C

Lorina

Re: Centre ECT wage

Post by Lorina » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:15 am

Hi,

As an ECT teacher you would be on the Educational Services Teacher Award 2010, unless you are a Director then you would remain on the Children's Services Award...pretty confusing!

When completing your degree you're typically either 3 or 4 year trained and this will make a difference of your pay. As a 3 year trained ECT you begin at Level 1 and as a 4 year trained ECT you begin at Level 3.

So, the minimum salary are as follows:

Level 1 - 3 year trained: $39,640/per year
Level 3 - 4 year trained: $41,558/per year

In the Award it also states a full time employee working in early childhood service (LDC) will be paid an additional 4%.

I'm also adding the Educational Services Teachers Award 2010 for your reference:

[attachment=0]award+for_ect.pdf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.