career option after diploma in children's services

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
shamim.palasara

career option after diploma in children's services

Post by shamim.palasara » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi,

I am doing my diploma in children's services and working with childcare services from 3 years. I am nearly going to finish with my diploma and searching for different career option after that qualification. Few options are in my mind like; (1) Early childhood trainer/ assessor - I need to do cert iv in training and assessment for this (2) Teacher aide at school (3) Room leader at childcare (4) Family day care co-ordinator (5) center director with early childhood ( I am not interested with this).
I would like to know that - Is there any other career option available after this qualification or not? If anyone can brief for each of the option like; what skilled required, chances for job, and position description and pay rates, please. It would be great help.

Lorina

Re: career option after diploma in children's services

Post by Lorina » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:05 pm

You also can work in before and after school care... what are you most interested in doing?

In regards to wages it depends on your position. If you are working as an assistant with your Diploma qualification, your starting wage is $22.66 (full time - Level 3.4). As a room leader it is $23.71 (full time - Level 4.1).

Here is some more info:
Childcare Wages In Childare

It's probably best to have a look at some job ads online so you can get an idea on what centres are looking for, job descriptions etc.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

shamim.palasara

Post by shamim.palasara » Fri May 06, 2016 3:00 pm

Hi,
Thank u for your reply Lorina.
My first priority is trainer at any registered RTO. I am planning to do cert- iv in training and assessment. Can you recommend me any good institute for this course please. I would also like to know about job opportunity and pay rate for this position. I would also like to know that what skills are required apart from knowledge of the field with trainer position. Is trainer and assessor are same or different at RTO?
My second priority is working as teacher aide with state school. If you can suggest me about job opportunity after diploma please.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 07, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm sorry but I don't have any information about doing training and assessment, I'm not sure on pay rate or opportunities... It's probably best to inquire with a course provider (TAFE) that you can do the course through...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 07, 2016 5:04 pm

If you Google "cert 4 training and assessment" you should be able to get some more information about it... However, before considering doing training and assessment you should at least have a Diploma and experience working in childcare as you will be guiding students through their studies with your knowledge and experience. If you don't have any experience yourself then you wont be able to teach students...

Lorina