Career Help

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Krish

Career Help

Post by Krish » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:46 pm

Dear all,

I am new to Australia and have a permanent residency;I love to be with children,have worked with them back in my country though I don't have a formal education in childcare but planning to do a certificate III in early childcare and later a diploma.My long term goal would be to start a Childcare center.I am in a bit of dilemma whether to do my course with TAFE or St.George community college? because I might move out of Sydney and settle down in WA. My questions are:

1. If I study elsewhere other than TAFE will my course be recognized outside Sydney NSW(I have St.George Community college in mind)?
2. Will completing my diploma make me eligible to start a Childcare center in future?

Please help me to make a decision since the courses are starting in 15 days.

Lorina

Re: career help

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:41 pm

Hi Krish,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network!

When running a childcare centre it's obviously best to have a Diploma or even a degree. A Diploma will give you all the necessary requirements for you to understand the law, regulations, eylf, NQF etc. Just having a Diploma may give you a basic idea but I also think you need experience. I would suggest you go and work in the industry before you open your centre just to gain an idea on how they are run, how they are setup etc. There is quite alot required and it's actually quite a hard process to open and manage a centre. You need to be able to deal with staff, families and have a very very good understanding on the National Framework, Quality Areas and much more!

Also, if you are looking to do a Diploma in the future anyway, you can start off with the Diploma course itself. You don't need to complete a cert 3 as a pre-requisite as these units are already embedded into the Diploma. So, maybe you can just start off with the Diploma first.

Also when completing a qualification by a registered RTO it is recognised throughout Australia.

Hope this helps,

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
Lorina.

Krish

Re: Career Help

Post by Krish » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Dear Lorina,

Thank you so much on your valuable inputs.I agree your views on the experience part,hoping to gain them after completing my studies.I appreciate your efforts, thanks for giving me a clear picture.

Keep up the great work...

Cheers,
Krishna

Lorina

Re: Career Help

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:50 pm

You're most welcome! :thumbup:

Thanks for your support! Appreciate it!

:geek:,
Lorina