Buying into a franchise

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Torie Pie

Buying into a franchise

Post by Torie Pie » Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:53 am

Hello all, I'm very new to this site and was hoping for some advice. My husband and I are looking to purchase a daycare centre in the next 12-18 months. I've been in the industry for years and this has been something I've always wanted to do. Though my husband is very business minded (mba, law degree, engineering degree) and I have industry experience we still want to start with a reasonably safe option for our first purchase and think buying into a franchise would be a good start. The problem is we don't know what centres offer franchises and haven't had much luck with search engines. Is there anyone on here who can point us in the right direction? TIA

Lorina

Re: Buying into a franchise

Post by Lorina » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:20 am

Hi!

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

I haven't really looked into "franchises" before you have asked this question... There are many available and I think you will probably need to do some in depth research to figure out which one is best for you based on what you want to gain and achieve... Also, it depends what the franchise is offering (resources, qualified, staff, all centre documentation - policies, programs, checklists etc.), so it's a good idea to contact and enquire to quite a few so you have centres to compare with one another. Once you have decided on maybe a few choices, you can always go and see the centre yourself - you may just have to say you're interested in sending your child to their centre. The director will give you a tour of the centre and you can see what it's like and you can also narrow the choices down.

Here is some more information:

Childcare Franchises
Franchises For Sale

Let me know if you need further information,

Good Luck,

:geek:,
Lorina

r.karthik@yahoo.com

Post by r.karthik@yahoo.com » Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi Lorina,

I am looking to buy an existing childcare business in Sydney, NSW. I have done some research and looking for recommendations of industry consultants and business buying agents who work in this industry.

I can provide more information to the correct company/individual who would help me in my quest. There is so much information out in the WWW and looking for help from you/experts in this group to guide me.

If I can get some help it'll be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Lorina wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:20 am
Hi!

I haven't really looked into "franchises" before you have asked this question... There are many available and I think you will probably need to do some in depth research to figure out which one is best for you based on what you want to gain and achieve... Also, it depends what the franchise is offering (resources, qualified, staff, all centre documentation - policies, programs, checklists etc.), so it's a good idea to contact and enquire to quite a few so you have centres to compare with one another. Once you have decided on maybe a few choices, you can always go and see the centre yourself - you may just have to say you're interested in sending your child to their centre. The director will give you a tour of the centre and you can see what it's like and you can also narrow the choices down.

Childcare Franchises
Franchises For Sale

Good Luck,

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:17 pm

r.karthik@yahoo.com wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 1:12 pm

Hi Lorina,

I am looking to buy an existing childcare business in Sydney, NSW. I have done some research and looking for recommendations of industry consultants and business buying agents who work in this industry.

I can provide more information to the correct company/individual who would help me in my quest. There is so much information out in the WWW and looking for help from you/experts in this group to guide me.

If I can get some help it'll be highly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

Lorina wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:20 am
Hi!

Childcare Franchises
Franchises For Sale

Good Luck,

Lorina

Hi!

I wouldn't know where to even start. I haven't had experience with buying a centre before so unfortunately I am going to be of no use for your needs.

I did come across the following in my resources:

Australian Childcare Brokers .

My advice is to probably pick a few from online and talk to them about your needs and wants and see which one may work well with you.

I do apologise I can't provide anymore information.

Lorina