Best provider for Cert 3 online?

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
cs91

Best provider for Cert 3 online?

Post by cs91 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi all,

I've recently decided that I'd like to pursue a career in childcare. My current aim is to complete my cert 3 in early childhood via distance and then carry on to my diploma. I've been looking around at courses and I'm unsure of how to choose a provider. I've seen courses ranging from $900 to over $3000 on payment plan. Are they all the same? Is there particular ones that are held in higher regard in the industry? Is there anything I should be looking out for?

Really looking forward to hearing your replies as it's an overwhelming minefield out there!

Lorina

Re: Best provider for Cert 3 online?

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:48 pm

If you are looking to do your Diploma in the future anyway then just go straight to the Diploma. The Diploma qualification has the cert 3 units embedded into it so instead of doing two separate qualifications you can just do the Diploma qualification.

There are many course providers to choose from it's hard to say which one is the best to choose. You just have to ring a few of them and ask them various questions and the one that suits your needs best is probably the way to go...

:geek:
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Have you thought about TAFE?

:geek:,
Lorina

cs91

Post by cs91 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:32 pm

Hey,

I have thought about TAFE but I help my Mum out with my little sister and getting her to and from school which is an hour atleast round trip at the moment so a lot of the time I can't be at TAFE by the time I need to be.

I'll have a look at doing the diploma first but I was thinking if I got a cert 3 I wouldn't have to go on trainee wages or is that incorrect thinking?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:11 pm

You can actually do TAFE online now for some courses so you don't have to worry about going to class.

A traineeship is completely different. This is when you work and study with a particulary centre. They pay you to study and you work at their centre for the duration of your study.

If you study through a course provider this is different as your work will be separate from your study. If you decide to complete the Diploma you will be also counted as a cert 3 educator once you complete the cert 3 units within the Diploma. While you complete the remainder of your Diploma you can work as a cert 3 educator. So, that's an option to consider.

:geek:,
Lorina

Mughal

Post by Mughal » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:34 am

Hi
I am doing certificate 3 though selmar by distance learning
Its a good option to do from home and at your own pace