Bachelor qualified working as assistant/diploma

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
natashaelise

Bachelor qualified working as assistant/diploma

Post by natashaelise » Fri May 08, 2015 11:56 pm

Hi everyone :)

I have a Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood & Primary). I have been doing CRT in kindergartens, schools and Childcare centres since I graduated almost a year ago. I have recently stopped doing primary teaching as I really dislike it. At the moment I'm thinking I want to go back to university to do a Bachelor of Nursing starting next year. I adore children and would love to be a room leader with little ones but nursing has always been a dream of mine too.I figure I can do a nursing degree and possibly do some of both once I graduate. I want to work full time ( or close to it ) for the rest of this year to save some money. There is a position going at a lovely centre in my area. It's advertised as a Cert 3 position. Just wondering if I would get paid as a cert 3? Or a bachelor/diploma? Can pre-kindergarten room leaders (0-3) get paid as a bachelor or do they get paid as a diploma?

Thanks,
Natasha

Lorina

Re: Bachelor qualified working as assistant/diploma

Post by Lorina » Sat May 09, 2015 4:41 am

If the position is for a cert 3 that means it's an assistant position to the room leader. If you're a diploma qualified you can have an assistant position and you'll be classified as a Level 3.4 minimum wage is $22.11/ per hour. However this is more pay than what a typical cert 3 qualified will get. It's best to contact the centre itself and let them know you are looking for a position at their centre. You may be surprised and what they may be able to offer you... You never know...

:geek:,
Lorina

natashaelise

Post by natashaelise » Sat May 09, 2015 8:37 am

Thanks so much for your reply Lorina. This website/forum is fantastic!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat May 09, 2015 2:51 pm

Happy to help! Awesome to hear you like this site! :thumbup:

Good Luck and remember even though you may be "over qualified" for a position it's best to continue to show interest and apply because an opportunity within the same centre may come up!

See you around the forum,

:geek:,
Lorina