Assistant Director/2IC Pay Rates

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
180girl

Assistant Director/2IC Pay Rates

Post by 180girl » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:55 pm

I'm being trained to possibly become 2IC at my centre and today my director discussed with me the reasons why I want to do the job and what's involved. She mentioned that there is no pay rise for being 2IC. While I'm not interested in this role for the pay, I was under the impression that there was an 'assistant director' pay level which was slightly higher than cert 3/diploma qualified assistants and room leaders.

So if I take this role, should I be paid differently? Or is 2IC somehow different to 'assistant director'? I'm rather confused right now :s

Lorina

Re: Assistant Director/2IC Pay Rates

Post by Lorina » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:40 am

Yes. you're right! As an assistant director you are paid a higher rate because your responsibilities are more than that of a room leader or a cert 3 assistant. As an assistant director you will be classified as a Level 5 and on commencement your minimum wage is $24.19/ per hour full time (according to the Children's Services Award 2010). Here is some more information to help:

Levels For Childcare Wages
Childcare Wages In Australia

Congrats on your upcoming role! It's a great opportunity for you to learn the ropes and gives you an idea of what a director position would be like!

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina