Applying for Teaching Job in Perth (Pakistani Qualification)

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
iqraahmed

Applying for Teaching Job in Perth (Pakistani Qualification)

Post by iqraahmed » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Greetings,
I have recently moved to Perth on Permanent Resident Visa. I was secondary applicant so my qualification was not assessed during immigration Process.

I have done M.Ed (2 Years), B.Ed (1 Year) & BA (2 Years) from Pakistan. Probably equivalent to Bachelor degree of Australia. I have two years of Primary Teacher experience & also have 45 days supervised training in Pakistan as well.

I have already put up application for Qualification Advice from TBRWA (Teacher Registration Board Western Australia) ans waiting outcome (6-10 weeks)

My aim is to get employed in Educational Institute as a teacher, Assistant or Researcher, and need your advice and assistance on following items
  • Am I heading in right direction? What else I can do in parallel to fulfill pre requisites.
    I have phobia of IELTS and not sure would be able to get 7 + in each band and some where 7.5. What are other options other than IELT or PEAT? As this is mandatory requirement for TRBWA registration.
    If I get enrolled for Certificate 4 (Education Support), would that be able to meet up as alternative to IELTS requirement as I would have then studied and completed course in Australian Institute (6 months)?
    What should be my next steps?

Thanks for your support & help in advance.

Regards

Lorina

Re: Applying for Teaching Job in Perth (Pakistani Qualification)

Post by Lorina » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:09 pm

The following may help give you more information:

English Language Requirments - TRBWA

[attachment=0]teach_in_australia.pdf[/attachment]

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.