Working For A Childcare Agency

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Jesss

Working For A Childcare Agency

Post by Jesss » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:20 pm

Hey guys,

Hope all of you are fine

I completed my certificate 3 last month but unfortunately I have not found a job yet
As I have to start my career as soon as possible, I decided to apply at agencies but I'm not sure which one is better in this industry
Does anybody know how do agencies work?
Can I start immediately or I have to wait for the position? And I've heard they usually call the educators in the morning but I don't know how long time they give us for getting ready to go to work?
I'm sorry I have a lot of question and no idea about these.
Thank you for your help in advance

Lorina

Re: Working For A Childcare Agency

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Haven't worked in an agency for awhile but I do remember that once you have completed your interview with them and discuss what type of work you are looking for (casual, full time etc). They will help you to find work. So, for casual work for example you give them the areas that you can work or travel to and if anything pops up they will contact you to take up the position for the day. Most of the time they will ring in the early morning 7am - 7:30am and verify if you can go and work. They will give you the address, centre contact name, position etc. So, you just go to the centre, work, get them to sign your time sheet and that's pretty much it... At the end of the week you send your time sheet through to the agency so you can get paid... In regards to casual hours, the minimum is 2 hours per day so sometimes you may only work 2 hours but it really depends on the centre needs.

If you are looking for full time work, they will organise interviews for you at centres they think will be suitable for you and then you have to go have an interview with the centre. They also give you pointers of how to re-word your responses or what to prepare for. They will alsways be in contact with you until they find you a position...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

Jesss

Post by Jesss » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Thank you so much Lorina for your reply.
Do you know when they usually contact us for an interview? I applied but they haven't contacted yet
I see seek everyday unfortunately there isn't any vacancy for recently graduated in eastern suberb melbourne even on the agencies.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:12 am

Which agency did you apply for?

I did a quick search for you in Melbourne and you can contact:

Randstad
Expect A Star
McArthur

It's also a good idea to give them a follow up call to let them know that you're still interested in any positions available...

:geek:,
Lorina