Advice Please For Toddler Room

Questions relating to staff, dealing with parents, work ethics, implementing regulations, room management, supporting team members, motivating staff, etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

Advice Please For Toddler Room

Post by ilovechildren » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:44 pm

Hi everyone so I have had experience in 0-1 room and really enjoyed it, room of 12 babies, now i will be trying 2-3 room next week with 30 children and thinking of the numbers is making me feel overwhelmed, i am confused because everyone has said to me the babies room is the hardest but i coped well in there.
What experiences does everyone have and prefer ? i've never been in a room with 30 kids.
Any advice will be great
thankyou!

Lorina

Re: Advice Please For Toddler Room

Post by Lorina » Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:18 am

I have worked in the baby room and toddler room. The baby room keeps you busy as you have to plan your day from each child's routine. Babies are normally content to play by themselves and don't need a lot to be entertained...

Being a toddler room leader I have to say that toddlers are very hard! They got bored, distracted, they never stop it's literally go, go, go from the moment you step into the room. Especially when they get attached to a particular educator it's gets hard to be able to do things when you always have to be there! I've experienced this myself when I was on holidays away from my room and parents and educators found it difficult to manage the children or get them to settle into care. Having said this, toddlers are so innocent and are very affectionate towards you, and you form a very special bond with each of them. Till this date, I just love the toddler age although it's hard because it's so fascinating being with them at that age! The terrible twos! LOL! :giggle:

Being in a room with 30 kids it's going to be busy very busy! You will really have to watch the children and keep yourself on your toes. Behaviour at this age could be an issue so make sure your consistent when guiding a child's behaviour and it's best to ask what are their behaviour guidelines. Try and get the children involved in an activity so they aren't running here and there. Get yourself involved and when you get familiar with the routine it gets easier!

You're in for a fast, action roller coaster ride! :lol: Even though, the children are just beautiful and melt your heart! :inlove:

Have fun!

:geek:,
Lorina

ilovechildren
Participator
Participator

Post by ilovechildren » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Thankyou Lorina appreciate the advice :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:48 pm

No problem! Hope you enjoy the toddler room as much as I did!

:geek:,
Lorina