About To Finish and Got Offered A Job

FAQs on qualifications, starting a childcare business, starting a new job, contracts etc.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
dname

About To Finish and Got Offered A Job

Post by dname » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi,

I am about to finish my cert iii in early childhood education and got offered a full time position as an assistant in the toddlers room. 2 of the girls in the toddlers room, the room leader is pregnant and about to go on maternity leave in a few months time and another assistant is leaving, they would like me to take over the toddlers room after the room leader leaves for maternity leave. They would like me to take the traineeship after both staff left while leading the room.

I am and should be happy but I felt kinda overwhelmed taking over the toddlers room. As someone who hasn't have any kids yet and coming from a business background , I was quite hesitant. But then I was thinking I need the money as well.... Is it normal for anyone to lead the room so soon? Any advise please?

Lorina

Re: About To Finish and Got Offered A Job

Post by Lorina » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:56 pm

In regards to the traineeship you are referring to that is the "Diploma" traineeship right? I think it is a great opportunity for you and you should take it. I mean you have to start somewhere and this centre is giving you the opportunity for the role. It's going to be hard but you still have the room leader for a few months so I would pick her brain for every piece of information. learn how she does the programming, the observations etc. Have a few days where you can practice running the room to train yourself... It's going to be a little overwhelming for the first couple of weeks but you will get into your own rhythm and routine! I think that you should take it!

:geek:,
Lorina