Working In The Kitchen As A Cert 3 Trainee

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Han1997

Working In The Kitchen As A Cert 3 Trainee

Post by Han1997 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:36 pm

Hi guys

I just started my cert 3 in child care this year and I have been put in the kitchen as a kitchen assistant from 10:00 till 1:30, and then I go help where I can after that till 6, this I don't mind but I just want to know if I should be working in the kitchen, and also while I am working in the kitchen 2 times a day I have to Carry 4 very heavy bins to the back of the child to this bigger bins, I don't know the exact weight but my back in pain every day after, so should somebody be helping me?

And one other things is that I have been working in the kitchen with sharp object such as knives, ect and the boss has told me that I cannot wear joggers and that I have to wear ballet flats is that safe should I have to listen to them?

Lorina

Re: Working In The Kitchen As A Cert 3 Trainee

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:46 am

First off, I dont think that you should be working in the kitchen since you are doing your traineeship. As part of your traineeship you must be provided with “hands on” work and supervised training at work to acquire the knowledge and skills you need to complete the traineeship. I don't see how working in the kitchen gives you the knowledge or skills to work with children...

If you are already experiencing back pain, STOP, lifting the bins and yes someone should be helping you! You are not required to do it by yourself and it's very unfair if no one has even offered to help. Back care is very important while working in childcare and you should learn how to properly lift objects to take care of your back!

In regards to your shoes, you need to wear shoes that cover your toes and are non slippery! Ballet shoes are probably the worst and unsafe! Aren't they slippery?

You may need to have a chat with your boos about your work in the kitchen and how this is going to help you with our traineeship...

:geek:,
Lorina