Work Placement In Clayfield, Nundah, Wooloowin, Wavell Heights Areas

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Elizawal11

Work Placement In Clayfield, Nundah, Wooloowin, Wavell Heights Areas

Post by Elizawal11 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Hi Everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone could help me.

I did my first placement at a child care centre and it was a really bad experience. Staff weren't really helpful and I felt like I was in their way and didn't really get any feedback until my last week when they told me I was doing really well...
It made me really unsure of myself and if I wanted to continue in childcare.

I'm a bit nervous about my second placement and was wondering if anyone knows about any one I the clayfield, nundah, wooloowin, wavell heights area. I am happy to travel a bit further, these are the most local to me that's all,
I just want somewhere where they are friendly and are willing to help me and teach me.

I would appreciate any help
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Work Placement In Clayfield, Nundah, Wooloowin, Wavell Heights Areas

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:47 am

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience for your work placement. Sometimes centres get a lot of students doing practicals with them and seems like the centre forgets to treat students as individuals and support them through their work placement. Maybe you could try a small community based centre... Please don't be disheartened I can assure you that not all centres are like this!

Sorry I can't make any centre suggestions for you as I'm located in NSW... I really hope your second placement goes much better and you really enjoy it and gain from it!

:geek:,
L.A

LindyT
Coach
Coach

Re: Work Placement In Clayfield, Nundah, Wooloowin, Wavell Heights Areas

Post by LindyT » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:20 am

I'd be upfront with the next Centre you are placed with. Explain that your let experience wasn't the best and what you'd like them to do for you while you are there on experience.
I'm sure by creating an open and honest dialogue and a Director worth their salt will make sure you feel welcome.