Completing Work Placement At 2 Different Centres

Forum for all questions, issues and concerns when completing work placement within an early childhood setting.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
palmore
Participator
Participator

Completing Work Placement At 2 Different Centres

Post by palmore » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:25 am

Hello all,

Need your suggestions please, I am about to start my work placement for Cert III next week, but just came to know that the service only caters to childrens from age 18 months and above, so they dont have babies in their care. I want to know can I do my few hours with this centre and then few hours in another one where I get expereince with babies ? or I have to complete my work placement at one centre only. As you all know its bit hard to find work placement.

Kindly help .

Thank you and Regards,
Pal

futurum

Re: Work Placement Cert III

Post by futurum » Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi Pal,

Yes, I think it shouldn't matter as long as you can get the statement with your hours worked from the center. In terms of difficulty in finding placement, it depends where you do it from, because it can be a task. When I did my Cert 3 it included 120 hours of placement alongside the course. Which was around 1-2 days a week with Futurum Australia.

Hope that helps!

Lorina

Re: Completing Work Placement At 2 Different Centres

Post by Lorina » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:47 am

Hi Pal,

Yes, I think you should be able to do work placement at 2 different centres, since this current centre doesn't cater to babies. Since you already got this centre to start with, if possible try and complete most tasks then with the remaining hours use it for the babies room at a different centre... Do you have any tasks required for the baby room? Also, some centres that cater for the toddlers and above have a "sister" centre which includes babies. So, maybe see if they can suggest a centre where you can do your placement hours for the younger room.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina