What is the Difference between cert 3 children's services and childhood education and care??

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
CLJ1

What is the Difference between cert 3 children's services and childhood education and care??

Post by CLJ1 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 pm

HELP!
I am confused!

I am wanting to know what I need to study in order to be qualified to become a "kindergarten assistant"

I goggle Kindergarten jobs online and most say cert 3 minimum in children's services yet then I'm told a cert 3 in early childhood education and care will qualify me?

Can anybody tell me What the difference between the 2 courses are and which is the one I should be studying?!

Thank you!
:roll:

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Re: What is the Difference between cert 3 children's services and childhood education and care??

Post by ilanafritz » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Hi
There is not difference. You need to do the Childcare Certificate III course in Children Services. You need to pass by the end of this year otherwise you won't be able to get a job.

CLJ1

Re: What is the Difference between cert 3 children's services and childhood education and care??

Post by CLJ1 » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Hi thanks for your response but they are 2 different certificates aren't they?
And why do I only have till the end of the year to do complete it?

Certificate 3 in children's services
certificate 3 in early childhood education and care

I've rung a couple training places and some can't tell me the difference and others are telling me they are the same thing?
I am also finding a lot don't offer cert 3 in children's services anymore so i am thinking it has been replaced by the cert 3 in childhood education and care... maybe? I don't know...

I am even more confused now but thank you for your response!

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Post by ilanafritz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:56 pm

If you'll be qualified in Certificate III by the end of this year you'll be able to work in kindergartens next year. You need to be qualified by the end of this year to be able to get jobs in kindergartens. Children's services is the same as childhood education and care. I am doing the course in Early Childhood Education and Care Certificate III, but I am struggling to get through my work placement.

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Post by ilanafritz » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:02 pm

There's no need to be confused about it now it is called Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. If you thinking at doing the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care you need to finish the course by the end of this year, because in 2016 everybody must be qualified in order to get a job at working with children in childcare centres.

ilanafritz
Participator
Participator

Post by ilanafritz » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:07 am

I would suggest for you to do if you are thinking at working next year in childcare then you need to start doing the course now. Don't wait, because by the end of this year you'll need to be qualified. In 2016 everybody needs to be qualified to get the Childcare Certificate III. Unfortunately I am very behind with my work placement. I am struggling with my work placement.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:23 pm

CLJ1 wrote:HELP!
I am confused!

I am wanting to know what I need to study in order to be qualified to become a "kindergarten assistant"

I goggle Kindergarten jobs online and most say cert 3 minimum in children's services yet then I'm told a cert 3 in early childhood education and care will qualify me?

Can anybody tell me What the difference between the 2 courses are and which is the one I should be studying?!

Thank you!
:roll:

Hi,

The cert 3 in early childhood education and care is now replacing the cert 3 in children's services. Since the EYLF, NQF, National Regulations and Law have been established these topics have been added to the cert 3 in early childhood education and care. That's why this replaces the previous cert 3 in children's services.

You don't have to complete the course within a year... You do have a minimum of 2 years to complete it though. Also, once you have started your course, enrolled and a completing your units you'll be actively working towards your qualification and be recognised as a cert 3 qualified worker. So, this means you don't necessary have to fully complete your qualification to find a job, just as long as you have started it...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

CLJ1

Post by CLJ1 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Thank you so much Lorina!
I knew you would know the answer!

Is this the only course I will need to complete to get a kindergarten asssitants job then?

Thanks again for taking the time to respond!
:thumbup:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Along with your certificate 3 in early childhood education and care, you would also need your Working With Children's Check/Blue Card, First Aid, Anaphylaxis, Epi-pen and Asthma certificates (you would need these to work at any childhood setting throughout Australia). If you want to try and get a job while you are studying it's best to get your First Aid, Epi-Pen, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificates (these may be all including in the First Aid course but check first) and your Blue Card/Working With Children's Check done at the earliest. Without these you won't be able to work with the children...

:geek:,
Lorina

bahmet103@gmail.com

Post by bahmet103@gmail.com » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:59 pm

I am currently studying my Diploma for Early Childhood Education and Care and have been told that I have to do my Certificate 3 again because I completed it in 2012 and it's not valid because it all changed in 2014?? When I completed it back then it was Certificate 3 in Children's Services. I have been a certificate 3 qualified educator since 2012.
I've only got 4 units to finish in my Diploma and now have been given 4 units for the new certificate 3, it's only gap training but still confused that I have to do it again...

Any information would be a lot of help.