Using My Car While Taking Care Of Children

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Ege2016

Using My Car While Taking Care Of Children

Post by Ege2016 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:39 pm

Hi there,
I am working for a family and using my private car to get the 2 kids to their activities on a daily basis.
I calculated the ams I am doing, 70kms per week.
There are many different numbers of reimbursement, does anyone know of how much cent per km I can ask the family?

many thanks,
ege

Lorina

Re: Using My Car While Taking Care Of Children

Post by Lorina » Sun May 01, 2016 10:45 am

Hi There,

I'm going to give you the car allowance of what it states in the Children's Services Award 2010, which is the pay rates for workers in childcare centres. You can use this as a guide in regards to your allowance.

Vehicle Allowance - Where an employer requests an employee to use their own motor vehicle in the performance of their duties the employee will be paid an allowance of $0.78 per kilometre in the case of a motor car or $0.26 per kilometre in the case of a motorcycle.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina