Transfering From One Training Provider To Another

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Green

Transfering From One Training Provider To Another

Post by Green » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if you can transfer from one training provider to another. I am having problems with my current provider.
Thanks

Lorina

Re: Transfering From One Training Provider To Another

Post by Lorina » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:30 am

That's an interesting question... I'm not too sure... I would probably ring another training provider and ask them if it's possible. You could possibly discontinue the course and re-enrol with another provider. Make sure you have your transcript which states what units you have successfully completed though...

:geek:,
Lorina

Green

Post by Green » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:38 am

Thanks Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:33 am

The government has recently set up a National Training Complaints hotline where you could contact them about any issues you're facing with your course provider. They may be able to help you resolve the issue or suggest what you could do...

National Training Complaints Hotline

:geek:,
Lorina

burgerbunz
Participator
Participator

Post by burgerbunz » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:43 pm

I have done in the past, a long, costly process- especially if you've paid upfront, generally you don't get your money back from them if you are past the census date (you wont get it back if you are past their census date). Some places charge you for auditing previous study, so make sure you ask them first- some do, and some don't. Some don't recognise any prac experiences you have done either (this is quite common in University courses) so be sure to check if you have done a lot already.
I changed early childhood courses in June as I wasn't happy with where I was (OK I was happy, but I wasn't convinced I was learning a lot from them when friends were doing so much more 'hands' on learning and I had my head buried in text books). I have had to re-do a lot of what I have already done, but this is just reinforcing the information, so good in a way- it has cost me a fortune which is disappointing. We all learn don't we! It would be nice if they published al list of providers and students could review and rate them (good side and bad side).
Best of luck.