Too Tired To Complete Assignments During The Week

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
pup

Too Tired To Complete Assignments During The Week

Post by pup » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 pm

I'm a couple months in my traineeship now, I love my job so much but I feel so sick/tired when I get home that I don't get the chance to study usually until Sunday when I feel I've "recovered." I feel so guilty, I thought I could do it but this is the first time I've ever worked full time and I just feel so overwhelmed. Should I just try to find another job and then study part time in a real classroom as opposed to online? I don't even know how to justify any of this, or if anything I'm saying even makes sense. :(
Last edited by Lorina on Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

megs_95
Helper
Helper

Re: Too Tired To Complete Assignments During The Week

Post by megs_95 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:28 pm

I know exactly how you feel - when I started my traineeship it was my first full time job and I was working 45 hours a week! I'd just come from doing my HSC part-time at TAFE and it was overwhelming. You're trying to learn a new field, trying to study, trying to understand all these new expectations... but in my experience, it got much easier after a while. There's nothing wrong with doing your work on Sundays either - whatever day works for you is good, I used to sit down for a few hours Saturday morning and tell myself get x amount done then I can go out. Now I do my work weeknights to leave my weekend free.

Most likely you'll settle in fine and it'll get much less overwhelming for you, don't panic too much :)

Lorina

Re: Too Tired To Complete Assignments During The Week

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:24 am

Working with kids is hard work and tiring! You're on your feet all day and rushing here and there is perfectly normal to be tired during the week while working. If you can't find time to study during the week then so be it just do it when you can although find some time to do it at least one or two days in a week, so you don't get behind with assignments. You would rather sit down on a weekend and do a great attempt to an assignment then do a half a** attempt during the week when you're feeling too tired from work. Just make sure you keep up with the work and don't fall behind because then it gets a little difficult to catch up with assignments etc. So, set some time on the weekend from say 9 am-11 am on Sat/Sun to do your studies.

We're always here if you need help with your studies as well!

You'll be right,

:geek:,
L.A