Studying Cert III online- Which provider have/are you using

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Lorina

Re: Studying Cert III online- Which provider have/are you using

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:52 am

steph4 wrote:This is my first time posting so let me know if I do anything wrong hehe :)
I have some exciting news for those looking at studying with sand goanna cert 3 in early childhood education and care.
There seems to be a deal on Living Social qld site running for another 9 days for the online course for only $699.00
There was a earlier post on here saying it was $900 but the website attached says the full price is $1500 which was also mentioned by someone who was interested. I registered especially to provide this news to all who were interested in this course as it is something I have been looking for as well.
Not sure how legitimate it is and not sure why it is on sale so if anyone can clarify this, anyone studying this currently through them? Would appreciate some feedback for all concerned. For those thinking of purchasing this deal I would be interested to know if you go ahead as well. Please keep me posted. Thanks guys :)

Hi Steph,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Thanks for sharing that piece of information on here. I'm sure it will help out those wanting to study a cert 3 course. Especially at that price! Pretty cheap. I had a search and I couldn't exactly find the deal you're referring too however I did see that Sand Goanna do a lot of deals with their other courses through various discount websites. If you are wanting to know about that particular course provider just do a search and read reviews. Best thing is to ring and have a chat with them and see how they are...

Good Luck and we're always here if you need support,

:geek:,
L.A

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 am

Hi Steph,

I bought my course via scoopon for around that price and was very happy with it.
I looked at the deal you were talking about seems to be by another company but it is a wholesaler for the company I went with. I check the faq page for the RTO and it appears legit as they are a approved wholesaler according to the RTO's site.

Let us know how you go.
Hope this helps.

rgs.

steph4

Post by steph4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. You mentioned you did the course through them. Did you find it hard to complete the on the job hours?

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:11 am

Hi Steph,

Sorry for the delay.

The hours were easy to do. Many Child care centres are screaming for hands so was no issue.

I recommend to work at as many child care centres as possible in your volunteer hours to get the best view of the industry. Not all centres are the same.

Also looks good for the CV as well.

If you get stuck just go onto seek and look for the centres advertising for workers as they obviously need a spot filled so would prob be happy to have workers. Ikea has some spots all the time to.

All the best.

Regs.