Studying Cert III online- Which provider have/are you using

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
kelly1212

Studying Cert III online- Which provider have/are you using

Post by kelly1212 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:27 pm

Hi everyone.

Just wanting to know, for those that are studying for the Cert III online which provider are you using? I'm in Victoria and have spent hours (going in circles) trying to find a decent online provider.

Unfortunately where I live, they don't run any Cert III courses (Would be willing to drive an hour and a half each way but still nothing ) So online looks like the only option.

If anyone could point me in the right direction with who you have/are using would really appreciate it :)

Thanks Kel :D

inkhearted

Re: Studying Cert III online- Which provider have/are you using

Post by inkhearted » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:17 pm

I used LIV Early Childhood and thought it was great! http://livearlychildhood.edu.au/

Pros: $600 (cheapest that I found), work at your own pace, easy to follow course material, forums to connect with other learners. The course facilitators were very responsive and I never had to wait very long for answers to my questions, and they never took more than a day to grade my modules.

Possible cons, depending on your situation: the $600 covers the first six months, but if you take longer than six months to finished you are charged an extra fee monthly (I only took 3 months to finish). For practical activities, they don't send a training assessor to you; you have to record the activities and send a video to them. I found this to be a bit tricky as I had to film in such a way that no child's face could be seen and I ran into technical difficulties a few times. But it all worked out in the end and overall I highly recommend Liv!

kelly1212

Post by kelly1212 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:36 pm

Thanks for the info inkhearted appreciated it :D

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Hi Kelly,

I used Sand Goanna it cost around $900 but was really happy and it was for 12 months. If I needed more time it was around 120ish for an extention of 3 months.

Rgs

kelly1212

Post by kelly1212 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:43 pm

Thanks for your input cc

kelly1212

Post by kelly1212 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Just had a look the Sand Goanna course is as of Oct 2014 now $1500 but it is 2013 version. The Liv one is a 2012 version so old maybe that's why its so much cheaper?
Interesting to see the differences in price isn't it.

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:02 pm

Hi Kelly,

I bought my course from a special on nowlearning but I have seen them advertise courses throughout the year on specials perhaps wait for one of them?
Not sure what you mean the course is the 2013 version there is only one version current CHC30113?
Prices are not the best way to reflect the product as in the market as it is today all providers tafe , unis and private best to go by reviews and or pick the course by what method you feel will suit you better i.e face to face or blended delivery etc.
I cant comment of Liv as I never studied with them.

Hope this helps.

Rgs.

kelly1212

Post by kelly1212 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:16 am

Hi cc I certainly agree that price doesn't reflect be it higher or lower :) My reference to the 2013 course was very badly worded, sorry for the confusion. I was using it (Badly) in reference to the Liv Course which is 2012 one. (I would obviously go with the most recent course)

For anyone interested Liv no longer offer the 2012 course as it is being currently updated.

I am going to research both the Liv and the Sand Goanna course in more detail and go from there.

Even in this post I have learnt something. That being they have specials on sometimes. Thanks heaps for that bit of info :)

Thank you very much CC :)

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi Kelly1212,

Just so you know I got a email today from Sand Goanna and that was a special perhaps call them and see if you can get something similar it was offered to past students.

Rgs

steph4

Post by steph4 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:43 am

This is my first time posting so let me know if I do anything wrong hehe :)
I have some exciting news for those looking at studying with sand goanna cert 3 in early childhood education and care.
There seems to be a deal on Living Social qld site running for another 9 days for the online course for only $699.00
There was a earlier post on here saying it was $900 but the website attached says the full price is $1500 which was also mentioned by someone who was interested. I registered especially to provide this news to all who were interested in this course as it is something I have been looking for as well.
Not sure how legitimate it is and not sure why it is on sale so if anyone can clarify this, anyone studying this currently through them? Would appreciate some feedback for all concerned. For those thinking of purchasing this deal I would be interested to know if you go ahead as well. Please keep me posted. Thanks guys :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:52 am

steph4 wrote:This is my first time posting so let me know if I do anything wrong hehe :)
I have some exciting news for those looking at studying with sand goanna cert 3 in early childhood education and care.
There seems to be a deal on Living Social qld site running for another 9 days for the online course for only $699.00
There was a earlier post on here saying it was $900 but the website attached says the full price is $1500 which was also mentioned by someone who was interested. I registered especially to provide this news to all who were interested in this course as it is something I have been looking for as well.
Not sure how legitimate it is and not sure why it is on sale so if anyone can clarify this, anyone studying this currently through them? Would appreciate some feedback for all concerned. For those thinking of purchasing this deal I would be interested to know if you go ahead as well. Please keep me posted. Thanks guys :)

Hi Steph,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:

Thanks for sharing that piece of information on here. I'm sure it will help out those wanting to study a cert 3 course. Especially at that price! Pretty cheap. I had a search and I couldn't exactly find the deal you're referring too however I did see that Sand Goanna do a lot of deals with their other courses through various discount websites. If you are wanting to know about that particular course provider just do a search and read reviews. Best thing is to ring and have a chat with them and see how they are...

Good Luck and we're always here if you need support,

:geek:,
L.A

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:35 am

Hi Steph,

I bought my course via scoopon for around that price and was very happy with it.
I looked at the deal you were talking about seems to be by another company but it is a wholesaler for the company I went with. I check the faq page for the RTO and it appears legit as they are a approved wholesaler according to the RTO's site.

Let us know how you go.
Hope this helps.

rgs.

steph4

Post by steph4 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:17 pm

Thanks so much for the reply. You mentioned you did the course through them. Did you find it hard to complete the on the job hours?

CCare Consultant

Post by CCare Consultant » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:11 am

Hi Steph,

Sorry for the delay.

The hours were easy to do. Many Child care centres are screaming for hands so was no issue.

I recommend to work at as many child care centres as possible in your volunteer hours to get the best view of the industry. Not all centres are the same.

Also looks good for the CV as well.

If you get stuck just go onto seek and look for the centres advertising for workers as they obviously need a spot filled so would prob be happy to have workers. Ikea has some spots all the time to.

All the best.

Regs.