Setting Scenarios So Candidate Can Demonstrate Knowledge Of Legislation

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
SaraNursery

Setting Scenarios So Candidate Can Demonstrate Knowledge Of Legislation

Post by SaraNursery » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Hi, Not sure if this is the right area to ask this but.....I have a staff member who is studying this course...I am UK trained and assessor qualified but believe the principles of study etc are similar. However.. I have to set up a scenario so that the candidate can demonstrate their knowledge of legislation etc. Please could someone give me an idea of how best to do this? Has anyone done it themselves, either been assessed or set the scenario?

Lorina

Re: Setting Scenarios So Candidate Can Demonstrate Knowledge Of Legislation

Post by Lorina » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:25 am

To give you an idea on the types of scenarios you could write or the questions you could set yo could browse through the forums and have a look at some of the assignment questions students have needed support in.

At the very top of this page there is a "search' feature. Type in "legislation". It will provide you with all the topics based on legislation. Here you could see examples of what you can do....

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina

SaraNursery

Post by SaraNursery » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:21 pm

Hi Lorina, Thanks for the reply. I've been trawling through the forum as you suggested but I can't really find anything that helps.
Project 1 for the candidate involves her writing a detailed report but project two requires her to demonstrate her knowledege. I really can't see how to test this, how to set up a scenario. Do I set a question that she has to write an answer to (more writing) or do I have a 'professional discussion' or do I write up an observation? And if so how?

Are there any other trainers out there that could guide me on this please? I can assess to the NVQ level in the UK but am very lost when it comes to this study and I am aware that my co-worker is keen to submit her modules which she can't do without the trainer comments!

I really need pointing in the right direction, then we'll be alright! Can anyone help please?

Thank you :)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri May 01, 2015 6:35 pm

I found this which I really think is going to help you:

[attachment=0]RPL_Conversation_Maping.docx[/attachment]
Hopefully you can use this as a guide to help your student,

Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SaraNursery

Post by SaraNursery » Sun May 03, 2015 3:55 pm

That's great Lorina, thank you. I'm now doing my own research into the legislation so I can check that she has a fundamental knowledge. I'm presuming that each state also has their own legislation? Will let you know how I get on!
It would be interesting to hear from other supervisors/trainers who are doing a similar thing too.
I really appreciate all your work helping me out!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon May 04, 2015 4:21 am

Yeah no problem! Found the above info from a government site in regards to training diploma students so it's a real gem! Lol! In regards to legislation all states fall under the "Education and Care Services National Regulations and Law" however Child Protection and OH&S legisltations will differ between states.

Lorina