Scenario: Chase - Learning Experience Plan

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Scenario: Chase - Learning Experience Plan

Post by Nishfat » Fri May 05, 2017 6:36 pm

Hi Lorina ,
I AM TOTALLY STUCK ON THIS ASSESSMENT. I DON'T HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT TO WRITE .

Link to planning

Chase initiated a discussion with the educator about the use of the camera at Preschool, how it works and what the educators do with it.

Developmental considerations:
Chase will have opportunities to engage in thinking skills, problem solving and develop his knowledge of the technology and the camera use.
Chase will have opportunities to engage in conversations, responding verbally to what he is doing and thinking during this experience.Links to EYLF Outcomes/
Links to EYLF Outcomes/ Practices/ Principles
Chase will have opportunities to engage with technology to investigate ideas.
Chase will apply a variety of thinking strategies in his investigations and experimentation with the camera and the environment.
Educator will engage in intentional teaching to scaffold Chase’s understandings.
Resource and safety measures
Camera, batteries charged, memory space available Outdoor space

What specific educator practices will you use?
• Explain and instruct Chase how to use the camera – use descriptive language to clearly explain concepts of using the camera and taking photos, e.g; how to zoom in and out, how to see playback, use viewfinder or screen.
• Use language to question, discuss the experience to allow for opportunities for Chase to express his ideas, findings, thoughts and understandings and knowledge.
• Scaffolding Chase’s skills and abilities, to extend his learning further
• Identifying objects or ideas in the environment for chase to photograph and giving opportunities for choice. Encourage Chase to take lead in his investigations and direct the experience.
• Demonstrating specific tasks of camera use and uploading to computer to print or display. Give opportunities for Chase to practice these skills after modelling.
Reflection AFTER implementing the experience
What happened? Outline what the child did during the learning experience.
What opportunities for learning occurred for the child?
What did you learn about your own skills and practices?
Where to from here? Why?
Outline two (2) suggested learning experiences that would support the child’s development or interest.

i m sending you the full assessment as a attachment file.

Please help me Lorina . Give me some suggestion . :?: :?:

Thank You

Nishfat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Chase - Learning Experience Plan

Post by Lorina » Mon May 08, 2017 4:06 pm

The Attachment you had sent me is based on risk assessment is this right?

Also with the information given above are these based on the scenario and do you have to answer the questions or is it your own experience?

Nishfat wrote: What happened? Outline what the child did during the learning experience.
What opportunities for learning occurred for the child?
What did you learn about your own skills and practices?
Where to from here? Why?
Outline two (2) suggested learning experiences that would support the child’s development or interest.

The following may also help:

Children Achieving Outcomes
Educators Promoting Outcomes

:geek:,
Lorina

Nishfat
Participator
Participator

Re: Scenario: Chase - Learning Experience Plan

Post by Nishfat » Mon May 08, 2017 4:25 pm

thanks a lot Lorina

It's a great help for me . :thumbup: