Policies and Procedures In The Workplace

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
lohren89

Policies and Procedures In The Workplace

Post by lohren89 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:57 pm

A)Explain why it is important for educators to understand the policies and procedures of their workplace
It is important for an educator to understand the policies and procedures so that they may demonstrate the in depth understanding of their legal responsibilities and obligations related to their position. It is also important that an educator has the ability to demonstrate the knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements should an issue arise in which this knowledge is required.

B)
(i) How often should policies and procedures be reviewed? Policies and procedures should be reviewed every 18 months to 2 years.

(ii)Who is involved in the review of the policies and procedures?
It is the role of both the management ‘champion of policy’ as well as staff to establish effective and ethical policies and procedures.

(iii) Why do we consult with others when reviewing the policies and procedures of the service?
It is best for these consult others so that they can contribute as well as become educated about the policies and procedures. It is helpful to do this so that a team is on the same page and has clarification of the procedures.

B) Explain the procedure for reviewing policies and procedures. Consider in your answer who should be involved in the policy review and how you can contribute to the review.
Staff should participate in team discussions on a regular basis to ensure that the policies and procedures are up to date and meet the practice recommendations, by having team discussion this allows for staff member to raise concerns as well as contribute possibilities as to how to better the policies and procedures.

Lorina

Re: Wondering if my answers below seem okay

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:34 pm

lohren89 wrote:QR_BBPOST Who is involved in the review of the policies and procedures?

Parents should also be involved in reviewing policies and procedures...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Re: Policies and Procedures In The Workplace

Post by Lorina » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:35 pm

Further Reading:

Developing Policies
Updating Policies

Lorina

lohren89

Post by lohren89 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:14 pm

Thank you ☺ i am really struggling with this module so your help is appreciated.

lohren89

Post by lohren89 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:15 pm

Are the rest of my answers okay

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:07 pm

Yes, your responses are on the right track...

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:07 pm

If you wanted to add more, you could use the information I added above...

Lorina