PAY RATE FOR CERT III in Victoria

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
helana4
Participator
Participator

PAY RATE FOR CERT III in Victoria

Post by helana4 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi all. I am very close to completing my Cert III and wanted to know what the pay rate was for a casual and also a full time employee in a Child Care setting.

I'm currently working in OSHC as a casual Team Leader with no qualifications and am getting $24.09. Assisting is $19.80.

Thanks.

Lorina

Re: PAY RATE FOR CERT III in Victoria

Post by Lorina » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:08 pm

Not too sure what the current pay rate is for a cert 3. Try ans search "modern award wages" in google and that will give you latest wages for Childcare. You will receive more pay if you work casually than full time but then again with casual work there is no consistency. The current wages you are earning is pretty good for an OOSH service...

linda46

Post by linda46 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:48 pm

I am a qualified Cert 3 in Victoria. If you work in a Kindergarten and are part time/fulltime, it starts at around $14.50 per hour and casuals are about $16 per hour. If you work in a childcare centre, the rates are all over the place, I have been paid anywhere from $18 per hour (casual) up to $22.50 per hour.

helana4
Participator
Participator

Post by helana4 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks for that, Linda. I can't believe Kindergarten rates are so low. I might as well work at Safeway or Mcdonalds and get much more money than that. What a joke. The last time I was earning $15 an hour was when I was 18 and working at a laundromat, whilst studying lol.

Bravethomas

online courses

Post by Bravethomas » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:24 pm

every university has its own prices and you can know them by just on the websites of the universities. the online courses are rated on the duration of the course like 200 hours , 300 hours.

fchaudari76
Scholar
Scholar

Post by fchaudari76 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:53 am

Brave I think she is asking for pay rates not fees for studying.

OP - different centres have different pay scales, as some pay above award wage whereas some simply pay award wages. Though $14.50 sounds low I am pretty sure I was getting around $16 while studying for my Cert III and once I completed it my pay went up to $19 (obviously casual would be more)
As LA mentioned casual may be significantly more pay but there is no guarantee of the amount of hours you may work / week.
And yep the pay is shocking and you can earn more at the checkout at Coles, but that is just how it is at the moment, hopefully our worth will be realised and wages go up!
I know I work in the industry because I love it, money is secondary to me, as long as I can pay my mortgage & bills & get my groceries I am ok.