Observation - Writing My Own Name

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
jbdc2899

Observation - Writing My Own Name

Post by jbdc2899 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:54 pm

I would really like some help with coming up with an experience plan based off this observation.

observation:

As I was sitting over on the colourful mat, writing answers for some of my assessments A walked over and asked “what are you writing jess?” “I’m writing my name on my homework” I replied. A’s smile quickly turned in to a frown as she said “I can’t write my name yet” as I offered to help her learn how to write her name A’s face lit back up with a smile “yes please!” A quickly ran off and picked up some paper from the drawing shelf with a black pen, she then hurried over to the drawing table and called out “I’m ready jess”. I walked over to the table and sat down, I drew up a couple of activities that came to my head. She picked up the black pen with her right hand and I showed her how she needed to hold the pen and I then asked her to copy the all the letters I had written down, in which she copied many times. Before she even knew it she had written her name, “I did it jess, I did it”, “yes you did and all by yourself, I’m very proud of you A.” she then stood up and said “ I’m going to go put it in my bag so I don’t lose it and I can show mum” A quickly ran to her bag and placed the paper in her bag, then she ran outside to play and tell all of her friends what she had done

Lorina

Re: Observation - Writing My Own Name

Post by Lorina » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:03 pm

- Name tag which can be kept at the writing table for child to copy their name
- Using different mediums to write own name such as finger paint, in sand, in shaving cream etc.
- Writing first name and surname
- Encouraging child to write name on all her drawings, worksheets etc.

:geek:,
Lorina