limited hours type 2 service, I need some help!

Questions related to program, planning, assessing, managing documentation, implementing EYLF, MTOP, NQS and other approved frameworks.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
jellybean

limited hours type 2 service, I need some help!

Post by jellybean » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:07 pm

I have just started working in a limited hours Type 2 service after 10 years in long daycare. I am trying to get my head around the different programming requirements. Anyone have any advice?
It is more the individual obs & planning. I will probably have about 40+ kids over the week.

Lorina

Re: limited hours type 2 service, I need some help!

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Hi Jellybean,

Is this like Occasional Child Care? Could you provide me with more info such as the age groups, hours of operation, number of days open during the week etc... Sorry I only have worked in LDC so any further information would be great!

Cheers :geek:,
L.A

jellybean

Post by jellybean » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:15 pm

It is 3 year old activity groups, 3 days per week, 3 hrs per session and occassional care. At the moment the ages of the children are all 3. It is a community centre. We are not included in the new framework but I was just starting to use it in my old centre so would like to use it in a simpler form. I am having no luck with website searches as only other types of care referred to. Just want to know how much individual planning I need to be doing because I believe there different/less emphasis.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi Jellybean,

I've been doing a bit of research for you and from what I gathered you are still required to implement the EYLF at your service, even though it is occasional care. If you have a read through the "Educators Guide" it mentions that the EYLF is a national framework which also includes occasional care as part of the early education settings. However, not too confuse you even more I was reading through some information and it states -

Occasional Care is not currently in the scope of the National Quality Agenda but consideration is being given toward how these services can access similar support and training for the EYLF. If you are unsure this applies to you, please contact your Licensing Officer.

I think the best thing for you to do is contact the Department of Education & Early Childhood Development in Victoria which will hopefully be able to assist you with your inquiry. I'm providing you with a link to their contact details: http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/c ... m#H2N1006C

I'm sorry I'm not able to provide you with more information but please update us on what documentation is required for occasional care and I may be able to help you out,

Cheers :geek:,
L.A