Minimum duration for certificate level III In childcare

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Savita

Minimum duration for certificate level III In childcare

Post by Savita » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:10 am

Hi all
I am new to this forum.
I want to do certificate level lll course in childcare.
Can anyone suggest me a good Institute in Sydney to do this.
How fast this course can be done. I mean minimum required duration of the course.

Lorina

Re: Minimum duration for certificate level III In childcare

Post by Lorina » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:09 am

I think the minimum requirements to complete this course is 6 months full time or 12 months part time although I think it depends on the type of study you choose and who you do it through. There are so many organisations for this course you just need to pick one... Maybe TAFE is best?

Just wanted to quickly add that it's not necessarily a good thing to complete this qualification "quick" so you can start working in childcare. Rather look for an organisation that will support you and assist you through the learning and extend on your knowledge of child development and learning. Just because you have a qualification doesn't necessarily mean you will get a job straight away. You need to show understanding of children's development, skills, learning etc. I just wanted to add in my point so you're not rushing to complete the course...

:geek:,
L.A

Savita

Post by Savita » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:41 pm

Hi Lorina
Thanks for your mail
Could you please suggest me some good Institute in or near Paramata.
I was going through various websites for course details , being a mother of two I enjoy company of kids and interested in certificate level III in early child care.
But I am very much confused.
Please help me to find out that which one is good and reasonable.
Regards
Savita

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:20 am

Yeah, sorry I have no idea either! :giggle: You just have to visit a few places and see what they off in terms of work placement (do they organise it for you), support they give if you need help, extra costs, what course materials they provide etc. and make your decision from this. Just note down a few question you could ask each, ring around and the one you feel most comfortable with you should go with...

Sorry can't be of more help,

:geek:,
L.A