Institutions, Prices and Assessments

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
juliette

Institutions, Prices and Assessments

Post by juliette » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi everyone! :)
My name is Julieta and I am from Argentina.
I will start to study the Certificate 3 In Early Childhood Education and Care once I get my visa (April)
I live in Gold Coast, the prices for this Certificate are around $2500, but I have seen some for the half price studying online.
Do you have any recommendations? where did you get your certificate, makes a difference?
My idea is study online, but I know I have to complete my assessments in in a regulated Child Care Service which caters for children aged between 0-6.
I will like to know based in your experience if is easy find a institution to work or be volunteering to complete the hours required.
Of course I will prefer work and have and income. Is that difficult?
Thank you!
Saludos :)

Lorina

Re: Institutions, Prices and Assessments

Post by Lorina » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi Julieta,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave:.

There are so many course providers that it's hard to determine which one is the "best" to get your qualification from. I will always say TAFE since qualifications from TAFE are recognised throughout Australia. I'm from Sydney so I'm not too sure about the Gold Coast. You can probably contact a few and ask them a few questions and depending on their reply you can work out the most suitable for you. So questions like:

- what happens if you fail a unit
- can I contact my trainer for extra support
- will all materials be given to me
- how many extensions can I ask for etc.

If you would like to work and study another option is a traineeship course, where the centre pays for your course and you work at the centre while you study until you can complete your qualification. Here is some more information:

Childcare Wages and Conditions

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina