Help with post-traineeship wage levels

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
megs_95
Helper
Helper

Help with post-traineeship wage levels

Post by megs_95 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:03 pm

I'm due to finish my Cert III traineeship in the next month or two. It's a full-time traineeship. At the moment I'm paid as Trainee, Year 12 Leaver, Plus One Year ($11.57 as of July 1, which they aren't paying me, but that's another story...)

When I complete my traineeship, do I become Level 3.1 (Cert 3 on commencement) or Level 3.2 (Cert 3 plus one year)? The guidelines I can find for wage levels say that Level 3.2 is "one year on the job/experience" and as a full time trainee I've completed a full year as an assistant... I'm not sure though if this counts in my experience.

For example, a person who goes to TAFE full time to do their Cert III would then start work as Level 3.1, without any on-the-job experience. Where as a full-time trainee, I already have a year's experience on the job when I "start" as a Cert III. It's so confusing :?

Please help - I have struggled with this company and I want to know EXACTLY what I am entitled to!

Lorina

Re: Help with post-traineeship wage levels

Post by Lorina » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:27 am

From my understanding you will start at Level 3.1 then after 12 months you progress to the next level. Progressing to the next level usually occurs and is justified by centre management once you have been working at your current centre for a year (like a pay increase). So, each year you work at your centre you receive a wage increase. So, once you have received your cert 3 qualification your minimum hourly wage is $19.07/ per hour.

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
L.A