CHCCN302A - Provide Care for Children - PART C

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
TanPritch

CHCCN302A - Provide Care for Children - PART C

Post by TanPritch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:01 pm

Hi there,

I'm a little stuck on PART C - Q2 - Provide Care for Children.

In question one we had to answer if the following situations may cause/stress/emotional outburst in a child.

1. new group leader
2. re-arrangement of room
3. a toileting accident
4. rest time if the child does not rest at home
5. putting a child on time out
6. divorce or separation of parents
7. unable to find their belongings
8. telling a child to pack toys away
9. the death of a family pet

Which I have anserwed.

Question 2 asks to pick two of the situtations and provide details of any difference in your actions, for the above situations if the child was: Culturally and Linguistically diverse or Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander.

If anyone could assist that would be great.

Many thanks.

Lorina

Re: CHCCN302A - Provide Care for Children - PART C

Post by Lorina » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Ok. If a child was culturally or linguistically diverse and you picked "rest time if the child does not rest at home" and "telling a child to pack away" you could probably incorporate visual cues (pictures) in order to help the child to understand what is happening. What did you write for these two points in your first answer? Then we can work out what else we need to add…

:geek:,
L.A

TanPritch

Post by TanPritch » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:41 pm

Hi,

Thanks so much for responding and sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been away.

I wrote the following:

Rest time if the child does not rest at home - Offer plenty of comfort and physical reassurance. Sit with the child and explain the importance of quiet time. If the child still does not settle, remove them from the group and give them a quiet activity to play with until rest time is finished.

Telling a child to pack away - Ask the children to pack away the toys as a group so everyone is involved and not just one child.

I hope I have answered the questions correctly :)

TanPritch

Post by TanPritch » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi there

Is anyone able to help me with the question?

Many thanks.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 pm

Yeah what you wrote is alright.. Just remember that If a child can't speak English they may not be able to understand your reassurances. In this case you can also setup the child's bed in a different area during rest time and still give them an opportunity to rest without having to sleep. As for the second qs it's fine, you could also demonstrate what needs to be done during pack away time and encourage the child to do so

:geek:,
L.A

TanPritch

Post by TanPritch » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:45 pm

Great! Many thanks :)