FDC Educator - New To Cert 3

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
OldChook

FDC Educator - New To Cert 3

Post by OldChook » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Hi
I have decided to get back into Family Day Care after 20 years, and have found myself now faced with having to do CHC30113 Cert 3 in Early Childhood Education and Care. I did 15 years of FDC previously and loved it, but need to get though this new requirement. to start again.

My location has made it very difficult to do this cert in a classroom environment and so I have to do this online. I am finding it very daunting, and need some help.

I am wondering if this forum is the place I can find help for this course. I have read some of the posts and they seem to be similar, but the course codes don't match nor mean anything to me.

Appreciate any or all help to get me through this.

Thank you in advance.

Lorina

Re: FDC Educator - New To Cert 3

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:03 pm

Hi!

Welcome back to the industry! Although it may be all new to you, it must be very exciting to get back into it! Since you have had so much previous experience, regarding your assessments you should be able to do RPL (recognition prior learning) for some of the units. This basically means that instead of completing the assignment you provide evidence of your experience and knowledge of that particular unit to pass.

In regards for support, this forum will provide you with assistance in understanding the question and provide you with more information to help you complete assignments. I'm here to guide you as much as I can!

I'll see you around the forum!

:geek:,
Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:06 pm

Here is some more information regarding RPL:

Gaining RPL In A Childcare Qualification

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Lorina

OldChook

Post by OldChook » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Thank you so much Lorina :P
I need all the help I can get! You seem to be a very busy lady answering everyone's questions and I am sure everyone appreciates your assistance and support because I know I will.

Kind regards OldChook :thumbup:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:27 pm

You're most welcome! :thumbup:

Yes this website keeps me extremely busy but I love it, as long as you love what you do it doesn't seem like a chore...

Lorina