Exploring Play- free course

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
adriperdomo
Participator
Participator

Exploring Play- free course

Post by adriperdomo » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:54 pm

FREE ONLINE COURSE
Exploring Play: The Importance of Play in Everyday Life

Understanding the nature and value of play through the course of our lives, across cultures and communities.
https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/play

starts 19 Oct

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Re: Exploring Play- free course

Post by linsaa fdc » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:27 pm

Hi adriperdomo,

It looks good have you done a course through them?
The certificate of attendance is very pricey for a free course.

Linsaa fdc :wave:

adriperdomo
Participator
Participator

Post by adriperdomo » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:30 am

Hi Lorina
No I Haven't I found the information and post it. I am trying to finish my course with Open Collage. At the moment I am trying to find a place to do my work placement, however I found it difficult as there are so many students in the same situation and the services can not offer more sport for it. I live in Sunshine Coast QLD. Any suggestions I would appreciate them

Adriana

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:43 am

Hi Adriana,

Im in Sydney so unfortunately I can't help you out with your work placement. It must be frustrating though, not being able to find a centre. You're just going to have to keep trying until you find something. Even if you have no options now, maybe "book" placement with a centre to do in the next month or so...

Hope you find something soon,

:geek:,
Lorina

adriperdomo
Participator
Participator

Post by adriperdomo » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:44 pm

Hi Lorina,
Thanks, Yep I am doing that. First I rang then email them and now I deliver letter to apply for a work placement in that way I be able to talk to the director.

I found some services are really annoy by it- have students asking for work placement. They say it is a lot for them with all paper work that involve. :(

Cheers,
Adriana

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi Again.

You'd think services would actually be happy to have an extra set of hands to help through out the day rather than think of students as a nuisance because of the paperwork involved!! Seriously!!

:geek:,
Lorina

linsaa fdc
Coach
Coach

Post by linsaa fdc » Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:44 am

I think maybe it's time for the providers of these courses to start lining up places for their students. What's the point of doing your cert or Diploma if you can't do your work placement.

Linsaa fdc :wave:

adriperdomo
Participator
Participator

Post by adriperdomo » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:33 pm

Hi Lorina,
Agree with you, It is time for them to provide the work placement place. I have done many things and I was disappointed the way my provide at the beginning handle the situation. It was like, it is your responsibility and your are enroll until March. I knew that; but I didn't know it was difficult to get a placement. I though like you said, services might be very happy to have an extra helping hands.

I had had mixed experiences...but I couldn't believe some Directors answered my request with a " it is too much work to have students - we need to look after children as well student". Some other very please to have students helping out and for them be the services that help the students as well.

Now I decided that I will travel if I need it. I applied in a small town and they say it might be ok, just need to go and see if they can help me. If they say yes it will be ok- not too far :).

Thanks for your comments I really appreciate it.
Adriana