Difficulty With Completing Assignments Without Working

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Lis_

Difficulty With Completing Assignments Without Working

Post by Lis_ » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:15 am

Hi everyone,
I started the online course just about a month ago. I had no idea what i was starting at the time, and must say it all is a lot harder then what i expected it to be.
My idea was to finish all the theory, before doing the practical part of the course.
Many questions are specific to your work placement, so i can't answer these and have to skip them.
The assessor asked to submit a unit for marking once you have completed all the questions.
So now it's all getting a bit messy. I have worked through a few units, leaving unanswered questions here and there. I can't submit any of the units for marking until i start working, so that means i can't get an idea of any of the theory work i have already done. I find it a little frustrating. I will not be able to start working until february next year..
I was wandering if any of you has the same problem? Are you all working in childcare while studying?
Any tips?

Lorina

Re: Difficulty With Completing Assignments Without Working

Post by Lorina » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:58 pm

You will find that it's probably easier to complete questions as you work and study at the same time since you will get more of a practical experience...

Can you give me a few examples of the questions you are having difficulty with so I can get an idea of where you're having trouble... Maybe I can give you some information to help...

:geek:,
Lorina

Lis_

Post by Lis_ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:03 am

Thank you for your kind response

Many questions relate to the specific requirements, standards, policies, procedures and guidelines of "my" centre (sun protection policy, clothing policy, medication, exclusion policy, visitors procedures, .. to name a few) It often asks to review , outline, consider them.
(just a little example of one question:
investigate and outline your centre’s practices and processes for each of the following elements of providing care for children:
• Providing physical care
• Promoting physical activity
• Adapting facilities to ensure access and participation
• Helping children with change
• Settling new arrivals)

Other questions are specific to the children in my room, to my job role or ask me to discuss with my supervisor
another example
Create a mind map to outline the responsibilities of your specific job role, including any relevant legal requirements.

I guess i just have to be more relaxed about it, do what i can now and trust it's all going to work out :angel:

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:36 pm

You can find alot of information on the net and with the information you find you just have to imagine and write the rest...

For example:
Childcare Policies and Procedures

It's fine for you to also wait until you do work placement for those specific questions but it also may be a burden if you have so many questions to work on during your placement... Question about the children in the room, talking to the supervisor etc. can wait but you can try and find info on the net for some of the others...

Lorina

Lis_

Post by Lis_ » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:09 am

I have been doing so much research on the net, but just the simple thing of looking up policies and procedures for centres slipped my mind.. haha. Thank you Lorina, you're like a breath of fresh air
Can be quite overwhelming.. questions questions questions :wtf:
and thanks for putting so much effort in this website, it's such a wealth of information. Don't know how i would be going without it!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:28 pm

I really appreciate your kind words and support! Thanks so much! :mrgreen:

I have a ton of resources so let me know if you need any info and I'll see what I got...

Lorina

palmore
Participator
Participator

Post by palmore » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Hi,

I would just like to share few things with you, I just completed my Cert III online as Lorina said I did the same thing I completed most of my theory questions first and left out all the questions which needs to be done while you do your practicals, there was about 10 to 12 questions that I did during my work placement at the end of my course. Try to plan your days before going to work placement for example each day plan on which question you are going to work what you will need to do for that after you go there, make a list and allocate days for each question, try to finish each question as you plan. Procedures and policies are easy to do once you go to work placement, ask them for printouts of these so you can take them with you and write your answers accordingly. Dont stress if you complete all your theory that you can do now and leave your practical questions at the end you will be almost done with all your units slowly at the end.

Best of luck.
Pal:)