Course To Complete For 3 to 6 Year Olds

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Kelly123

Course To Complete For 3 to 6 Year Olds

Post by Kelly123 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:38 pm

Hello everyone!

Firstly I'm glad to find this forum. I am very new to all of this and a little.... A lot confused!

I would like to complete the certificate 3 in Education Support. My interest is workng with Children 3-6 years of age.

I have three children, and in October my youngest will be attending Kindergarten part time. I hope to be able to study when he is at kindergarten.

My first question is what service provider have you used? I am looking at Adapt Education, and to study online, and completing my 100 hours of practical placement.

Next, I would like to know where did you do your placement? The service provider says they can arrange a placement for you however I would really like to do my placement at my local Montessori kindergarten. They offer care for 3-6 year olds with a Prep program.

Lastly, with my interest being with 3-6 year olds I am wondering if I anyone had a suggestion on the course I should be studying? I'm a little confused with Education Support, early childhood cert 3 etc.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved! Thank you :)

Lorina

Re: Course To Complete For 3 to 6 Year Olds

Post by Lorina » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:27 pm

The Cert 3 in Education Support is to qualify you to work as a teachers aide since you are interested in working with 3 to 6 year olds...

The Cert 3 in Early Childhood Education enables you to work as an assistant educator in a childcare centre...

I had a look at the units within the Cert 3 Education Support and it's more tailored to working as an teachers aide in a school as your units cover topics such as numeracy, literacy, school administration etc, which is different from what you would learn in the Cert 3 in Early Childhood Education.

If you dont see yourself working in a childcare centre in the future and prefer to work as a teachers aide then the Cert 3 in Educational Support is probably best for you...

In regards to course provider and I'm just going to recommend TAFE...

Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina