Choosing The Correct Provider To Study Cert 3

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
Jesss

Choosing The Correct Provider To Study Cert 3

Post by Jesss » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:00 pm

Hello everyone
I am a new member and really happy to find it here
I want to take cert3 in early childhood but I've heard that there is dodgy education and many child care centres have a black list of not professional institute that if some one has studied there then they refuse their resume.
Now I have aquestion that how can I undrestand if it is a good place for education
Actually I'm not PR so the cours's fee is important to me.
I found a training centre that is accredited. It is suitable for me because it's one day per week and complete after 6 month for $2000,but I'm not sure about the black list.
Could you please help me?
Thank you in advance guys
Jes
Last edited by Lorina on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Choosing The Correct Provider To Study Cert 3

Post by Lorina » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi Jes,

Welcome to Aussie Childcare Network! :wave: I'm very happy to hear that you like this site!

Yeah, it's really hard to determine which provider is best to study with but in my opinion TAFE is still the safest and most recognised throughout Australia to study through!

:geek:,
Lorina

Jesss

Post by Jesss » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:11 pm

Thank you Lorina
Yes, this site is really useful, I saw that you and others help child care workers and students,thanks for your support. :inlove:
Actually I know that TAFE is still good but it's a bit expensive for me. So no one has the blacklist? I think I have to do some risk and start to study at that institute,hope it is a valid one.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:08 am

Happy to support students who need it! :thumbup:

I did a bit of a search for you today and I haven't been able to find a blacklist as yet. I know that would probably be really helpful for students! You could do a quick search on the provider you are using and see if any former students have mentioned anything about the provider you have chosen in other sites. Make sure that the course is credited throughout Australia and they provide good support etc.

Lorina

Jesss

Post by Jesss » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:10 pm

Thanks a lot Lorina :thumbup:
Unfortunately there isn't any reviwe about any child care provider.
Previous provider changed their word and told me the price is $3900 so I found another provider :giggle:
This one is 2 days per week 6 month plus 120 hours work placement and it does't have any assignment. Is it normal? What is your idea?
Lorina I have another question too, can I find a casual job during this course?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:32 am

Jesss wrote:QR_BBPOST This one is 2 days per week 6 month plus 120 hours work placement and it does't have any assignment. Is it normal? What is your idea?

That is not normal? How do you show your understanding? You can't learn everything you need in 6 months/2 days per week with no assignments! Doesn't sound right to me!

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:41 am

Jesss wrote:QR_BBPOST can I find a casual job during this course?

Once you meet the following requirements you can find a casual job as a cert 3 educator:

Working Towards A Qualification

Hope this helps,

Lorina

Jesss

Post by Jesss » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:41 am

Lorina wrote:
Jesss wrote:QR_BBPOST This one is 2 days per week 6 month plus 120 hours work placement and it does't have any assignment. Is it normal? What is your idea?

That is not normal? How do you show your understanding? You can't learn everything you need in 6 months/2 days per week with no assignments! Doesn't sound right to me!

Lorina

Lorina I just asked them. They told me that there are a lot of homework you have to do at home! Your homework is your assignments.

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:46 am

Fair enough! I was going to say!

Since it's only 2 days per week and for 6 months I can imagine that they are going to stack on the assignments! So, just be ready to study your heart out! :giggle:

Lorina