CHCDIV001 Secnario :'Fergus'

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nishfat
Participator
Participator

CHCDIV001 Secnario :'Fergus'

Post by Nishfat » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi Lorina ,
I am totally stuck on this scenario. Please please help me . Give me some idea. My Scenario is

Scenario – “Fergus”
Fergus is 4 years old and is the son of a lesbian couple. Today he runs in to the service and says “I’m so happy and I want to make my mummies a present!”
You discuss with Fergus his ideas on what kind of present he might like to make his mothers; Another child, Max, is standing nearby. As you go off to gather some resources you overhear Max saying to Fergus “My Dad says you can only have one mummy”, to which Fergus replies, “Well, I have two!"

Questions :

Describe what you would do in this situation. What would you say to each child?

Who could you seek support from if you found this situation difficult?

What organisational standards, policies and procedures or other documents should the service have in place that could guide you in either of these scenarios?

Please please Lorina help me . :think: :think:

Regards

Nishfat