CHC30113 - Rest and Sleep Environments

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
OldChook

CHC30113 - Rest and Sleep Environments

Post by OldChook » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi, I really am struggling with the following question and the order of where to place each section, the importance and checks that need to be done, boxes.

6. As a child care worker, you will need to help provide suitable rest and sleep environments for children. For each of the following points, describe why these are important and what you would check to ensure the rest environment is set up appropriately:
i. Ventilation
ii. Lighting
iii. Heating/cooling
iv. Hygiene
v. Safety

for example on the Ventilation subject I have answered the two parts "Importance" and "Checks that need to be done", But I am not sure if I am on the right track or digging deeper than I need to.

i.Ventilation
Importance
NQF Regulation 110
Indoor spaces used by children at an education and care service must : Be well ventilated:
Helps to reduce the spread of infection and control the circulation of unpleasant odours. Good ventilation also assists in providing a comfortable environment.

Checks that need to be done
Ensure window is open or air vent from air conditioning is open. Ensure the air flow is not directed directly at the child.

Could you please help.

kind regards

Lorina

Re: CHC30113 - Rest and Sleep Environments

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Yes, I think you're on the right track with your response!

:geek:,
Lorina

OldChook

Post by OldChook » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:11 pm

WOW! That's fantastic, you're filling me with confidence, Much appreciated. Thank-you Lorina :D

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:28 pm

I know it can be scary at first when you start studying but you'll be right! You have had a lot of experience so use this as your biggest benefit!!

Lorina

OldChook

Post by OldChook » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:50 pm

Thanks! :P

OldChook

Post by OldChook » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Hi Lorina, I was just wondering if I am posting my questions in regards to CHC30113 Certificate 3 in Early childhood Education and care, In the right place. Kind regards OldChook

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:18 pm

You should be posting them in "Certificate 3 in Children’s Services - Assignments Support". I have moved this post into the correct forum...

Lorina

Mummaof4

Post by Mummaof4 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Can I get some assistance on the question also:

6. As a child care worker, you will need to help provide suitable rest and sleep environments for children. For each of the following points, describe why these are important and what you would check to ensure the rest environment is set up appropriately:

v. Safety - I am not sure exactly what to write here. Safe Equipment ??

Is this referring to the physical safety of things such as cots complying with AS/NZ standards?
Safe Sleeping Positions for babies? Wrapping Babies for Sleep?
Ensure children are all supervised even when sleeping?

Am I on the wrong track???