Certificate 3 In Education Support

General discussions on Certificate 3 and Certificate 4 in Children's Services and Childcare Traineeship FAQs.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What

IMPORTANT: Do not post Assignment Questions in this forum. This forum is for general questions related to Certificate 3. Please refer to Cert 3 Assignment Support Forum for questions related to Assignments!
SwapTadep

Certificate 3 In Education Support

Post by SwapTadep » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:52 am

Hello,

Anyone doing Certificate3 in education support ????

Respond

Thankx swaptadep

mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Re: Helppp

Post by mummyto3 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Yes I am have just started also and doing it correspondence.. How are you studying?

elizabeth1111
Participator
Participator

Re: Certificate 3 In Education Support

Post by elizabeth1111 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:33 am

I am doing it as well.

mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Post by mummyto3 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:17 pm

Where is everyone up too

sairsalman

Post by sairsalman » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:24 pm

[i][b][size=100]Hello everyone!
My name is SairSalman I am new on this Aussie Childcare Forum.
By Profession I am a Teacher and want to restart my career as a Primary Teacher so
I am interested in Education Support Certificate iii (Traineeships) through TAFE.
could some one help me about this whole process of traineeship Certificate iii.
please tell me about Traineeship process only regarding full time and part time as well.
Regards.
SairSalman[/size][/b][/i]

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:29 pm

sairsalman wrote:Hello everyone!
My name is SairSalman I am new on this Aussie Childcare Forum.
By Profession I am a Teacher and want to restart my career as a Primary Teacher so
I am interested in Education Support Certificate iii (Traineeships) through TAFE.
could some one help me about this whole process of traineeship Certificate iii.
please tell me about Traineeship process only regarding full time and part time as well.
Regards.
SairSalman
Here is some information on Traineeships:

Childcare Traineeships Wages and Conditions

However, this is more specifically for working in early childhood. This means children 0 - 5 years old...

:geek:,
Lorina

RitaP

Post by RitaP » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:39 am

Hi all,

I'm doing my Cert III in Education support too. Im doing it at tafe part time but it isn't class based. We work with workbooks and get together doing study groups at certain times. I'm up to my 5th workbook which is CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people

sairsalman

Post by sairsalman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:56 am

thanks for reply Dear,
can you mail me your mobile no please on my this E-mail address I want to talk about in detail
sairbano@gmail.com
regards
sairsalman

RitaP

Post by RitaP » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi Sairsalman

Sorry but I don't give out my mobile to anyone that I don't know.

sairsalman

Post by sairsalman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:22 pm

Its ok ....
but could you tell me the whole process of the traineeships through TAFE because I don't have the enough information that how to enroll
and step in this process.
I will really appreciate to you.
reagards
sairsalman

mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Post by mummyto3 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:33 pm

RitaP wrote:Hi all,

I'm doing my Cert III in Education support too. Im doing it at tafe part time but it isn't class based. We work with workbooks and get together doing study groups at certain times. I'm up to my 5th workbook which is CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
Would u be willing to offer me guidance when i am having troubles i can do the small for you I have complete the unit you are working on

RitaP

Post by RitaP » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:29 am

I don't know about the traineeships. It's best to contact the tafe you're thinking to study at and they will explain everything

TreeThom

Post by TreeThom » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi I am just started taking Cert 3 in Education Support. I feel like I am drowning. I am 56 and haven't studied in years. I am finding OTEN terribly confusing. The questions are vague, the resources given don't match the cluster we are working on, I ask very specific questions to get a direct clear answer from my online teacher and their response is "Yes sounds good"(there was nothing good about the question), I posted that I am a visual learner and asked for examples and was told "just do your best". I was wondering if any other visual learners are having the same problems and if so how are you combating it?

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:15 pm

TreeThom wrote:Hi I am just started taking Cert 3 in Education Support. I feel like I am drowning. I am 56 and haven't studied in years. I am finding OTEN terribly confusing. The questions are vague, the resources given don't match the cluster we are working on, I ask very specific questions to get a direct clear answer from my online teacher and their response is "Yes sounds good"(there was nothing good about the question), I posted that I am a visual learner and asked for examples and was told "just do your best". I was wondering if any other visual learners are having the same problems and if so how are you combating it?
I'm sorry to hear that you are not given enough support by your course provider. Unfortunately you are not the only one having concerns with your trainer and that's one of the reasons why this forum was created! Anyways, I am more than happy to help you with any extra information to help you understand your questions!

Lorina

Pheebee

Post by Pheebee » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:28 pm

TreeThom wrote:Hi I am just started taking Cert 3 in Education Support. I feel like I am drowning. I am 56 and haven't studied in years. I am finding OTEN terribly confusing. The questions are vague, the resources given don't match the cluster we are working on, I ask very specific questions to get a direct clear answer from my online teacher and their response is "Yes sounds good"(there was nothing good about the question), I posted that I am a visual learner and asked for examples and was told "just do your best". I was wondering if any other visual learners are having the same problems and if so how are you combating it?
Hi I am in the same position and part way through my fourth module, don't give up. I have joined here for extra help because it can get overwhelming when trying to find motivation when your life is hectic LOL.. Starting placement tomorrow morning, wish me luck ;)

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:15 pm

Pheebee wrote:Hi I am in the same position and part way through my fourth module, don't give up. I have joined here for extra help because it can get overwhelming when trying to find motivation when your life is hectic LOL.. Starting placement tomorrow morning, wish me luck ;)
Hi!

Welcome to the Forum! :wave:

Just wanted to say Hi and I hope you have a great learning experience during your work placement this week! :thumbup:

Lorina

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:16 pm

[ref]Pheebee[/ref],

If you need any assistance or unsure of anything in work placement or with understanding of questions etc. let me know I'll be happy to help you out!

Lorina

TreeThom

Post by TreeThom » Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi I am doing mine at OTEN (Online TAFE). Unless you have done online before I don't recommend it. I am struggling as I am a visual learner, and there is nothing visual. If you have done online and like it, it may be better as it is self-paced. I recommend getting your WWC (if you're in NSW-Working With Children certification), senior first aid and allergy & anyphlaxis first. They don't tell you it is required, but no school in NSW will let you do prac placement without it. My course is broken down in 6 clusters you can't go on until you complete everything in each cluster. When you sign up you must choose between "Aboriginal Support" and "Disability Support." They won't even give you the reading material ahead of time. You have to find your own prac placement. They do not help you with that at all. You have to complete an orientation with your "school" and 100 hours minimum of practical placement, as well as all your quizzes, assessments, and forum posts, to complete the course. There are no guaranteed jobs in this field according to the principal at the school I will be doing my prac placement. In NSW the budget for Education Support is shrinking.
I wish I had a TAFE near by to attend for this course, but it isn't an option in a rural area.
I hope this helps.

elizabeth1111
Participator
Participator

Post by elizabeth1111 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:50 pm

I am just about to complete my course!!! YAY....It has totally drained me in the process, though. Please PM me if you would like any help. I joined this forum because I struggled with the course and I am a TA!

TreeThom

Post by TreeThom » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:42 am

elizabeth1111 Who did you do your course through? What did you have the most trouble with?