Cert 3 Minimum Wages - Junior Level 3

Discussions on Childcare Wages. Are you getting paid the right amount? Just started a new position and not sure of your wages? Ask here and you'll find your answers.
Forum rules
Please read: Forum Rules and Regulations and Where to Post What
Caitlin189

Cert 3 Minimum Wages - Junior Level 3

Post by Caitlin189 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:05 am

Hello,
I'm currently completing my Cert3 and will be starting my placement in the next couple of weeks. I'm curious as I've read online that we come under the Children's Services Award (2010) and I've read that once you have your certificate and are employed you start to be paid under the Level 3 3.1 at $19.64 per hour, is this correct? I also wanted to ask, as I am 16 years old, as far as I'm aware and have read, I will still come under the Level 3 3.1 wages and junior rates will not apply, is this correct? Sorry for all the questions but I've read so many different things over the last few days I thought I might just ask someone experienced on here, thank you :)
Last edited by Lorina on Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: Cert 3 Minimum Wages - Junior Level 3

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:50 pm

Hi Caitlin,

I just had a look through the Children's Services Award 2010 and it states the following:

A junior employee employed as a Children's Services Employees Level 3, 4 and 5 must be paid at the appropriate adult rate.

As for your minimum hourly rate as per the Award it is $19.64 per hour like you mentioned. This means that this is the least amount you can earn while working full time in a centre.

I'm also attaching a copy of the Children's Services Aware Pay Guide for you to have a copy of it. Under the junior wages, you can find the info stating that as a junior you still have to be paid as an adult for Levels 3,4 and 5...

[attachment=0]childrens-services-award-2010-[MA000120]-pay-guide (4).rtf[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Caitlin189

Post by Caitlin189 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:58 pm

Alright, thanks so much, that helped a lot and got things clear :) thanks again!

Lorina

Post by Lorina » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:04 pm

No worries! :thumbup:

By the way, that's awesome that you have completed your cert 3 at only 16! You should continue on to do the Diploma in the future as well! It will give you more job opportunities as well as responsibilities. If you start your Diploma soon you could finish it by the time you're 18 then when you're 18 it's possible you can get a room leader position...

Good Luck!

:geek:,
Lorina