What process would you follow if you found that you have children with additional needs in your care

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Arshdeep

What process would you follow if you found that you have children with additional needs in your care

Post by Arshdeep » Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:54 am

Hi Everyone

Is there any one who can help or guide me for answer b and can also check my answers a and c please, not sure if I am on the right track or not.

My question is
14. Children must be supervised by ensuring that they are in sight or hearing distance at all times.
a) What are the ratios for supervising children in an Early Education and Care setting across all age groups?
b) What process would you follow if you found that you have children with additional needs in your care (i.e. skills, age mix, dynamics, and size of the group of children), and as a result, the level of risk involved in activities was high?
c) List four (4) ways that you can ensure there is adequate supervision at all times.
Guidance: Describe how you would liaise with colleagues to ensure there was adequate supervision at all times.

I have answered:
a) 1 staff member to 7 children with a maximum of four children not yet attending school.

c) i.By organising groupings of children to reduce the risk of injury, overcrowding and illness
ii. Observing and minimising Risks in the environment
iii. Managing injuries, illness and hygiene effectively
iv. by promoting children’s physical activity

Thanks and regards
Arshdeep