CHCECE013 - Time Sample Observation Sheet

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Danicol

CHCECE013 - Time Sample Observation Sheet

Post by Danicol » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:24 am

Hi

I am totally stuck on how to even start a Time Sampling sheet. Question is stating to observe a child in some youtube videos and then fill out the time Sampling Template, the question does not however state the Target Behaviour that I am supposed to be observing. Has anyone else come across this? and are you able to help get me started?

TIA

Dani
Last edited by Lorina on Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: topic heading has been edited

Lorina

Re: CHCECE013 - Time Sample Observation Sheet

Post by Lorina » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:17 am

A time sample provides a snapshot of a child’s day. It is used to record the occurrence of a child’s behaviour at particular times of day, for example group time or meal times. It is often used when a carer is concerned about a particular behaviour and needs to know how often it occurs. Time samples can be taken every half hour over a day or for shorter time intervals of five or ten minutes.

I'm providing a sample of a time sample observation sheet:

[attachment=0]Time Sample.docx[/attachment]
Hope this helps,

:geek:,
Lorina
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.