supervising young children

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
juliajf95

supervising young children

Post by juliajf95 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:52 am

What needs to be taken into account when supervising young children?

my answer:

All educators are responsible for adequate supervision; however, it is the responsibility of the nominated supervisor to ensure that clear supervision procedures are in place and understood by all members of the team. For a supervision strategy to be effective, all educators must be aware of their role, responsibilities, and obligations. The supervision of children should never be knowingly compromised and requires educators to be vigilant at all times.

feedback from marker:
Refer to pg. 171 of your text 'the big picture' list some other characteristics/areas that would effect supervision.

What else could you put down??

Lorina

Re: supervising young children

Post by Lorina » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:00 pm

You are on the right track with your response!

Unfortunately I don't have access to the specific book "The Big Picture" as your marker suggested but I do have the following information that may help:

Supervision in Children's Services

Hope it will give you some ideas to include!

:geek:,
Lorina

patel

Re: supervising young children

Post by patel » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:04 pm

answer:
The age, abilities and temperament of the children, the physical setting, the adequacy and suitability of equipment and experiences, and the skills and experience of the educators must all be taken into account when supervising young children.