Sharing Child Protection Concerns With Someone Else

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Sharing Child Protection Concerns With Someone Else

Post by mummyto3 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:50 pm

3. Go to the website of your state government child protection department and describe their process in detail for making a report. You may use point form.

I am having trouble accessing this information for South Australia.

Why is it important that children services workers share their concerns with someone in the service and notify their supervisor, rather than dealing with them on their own?

Lorina

Re: Sharing Child Protection Concerns With Someone Else

Post by Lorina » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:55 pm

I'm not too sure but maybe something like this...

When you have concerns regarding a child that may be suffering a form of abuse, from the evidence you have gathered, you may have your own biases and thoughts whether this child is being abused. So, it's important to share your evidence with someone else so they can confirm if in fact the child is being abused and assist you in the steps to take. It will also help with your emotional welfare towards the child being abused because it can cause a lot of stress and anxiety for you...

:geek:,
Lorina

mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Post by mummyto3 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:21 pm

Lorina wrote:I'm not too sure but maybe something like this...

When you have concerns regarding a child that may be suffering a form of abuse, from the evidence you have gathered, you may have your own biases and thoughts whether this child is being abused. So, it's important to share your evidence with someone else so they can confirm if in fact the child is being abused and assist you in the steps to take. It will also help with your emotional welfare towards the child being abused because it can cause a lot of stress and anxiety for you...

:geek:,
Lorina

Go to the website of your state government child protection department and describe their process in detail for making a report. You may use point form.

I am having trouble accessing this information for South Australia.

mummyto3
Helper
Helper

Post by mummyto3 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Thank you I ended up making a phone call and got as much information as I could that way :) I am now working on a bunch of other units all of which are quite challenging any insight you can give me into them would be greatly appreciated.

2. List 5 mathematical concepts and operations you need to understand and communicate with students?