Scenario: Sophie - Adminstering First Aid

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Veron
Participator
Participator

Scenario: Sophie - Adminstering First Aid

Post by Veron » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Hi ,
Hope that someone can help me on this question?

Scenario 3: Sophie fell asleep soon after her asthma symptoms have calmed down. However, half an hour into her nap, Sophie woke up coughing and wheezing uncontrollably. You rushed to her bedside and knew she required first aid for her severe asthma attack.
After administering asthma first aid to Sophie, her condition still continued to worsen. You decided to call emergency assistance. You then asked the assistant educator on duty to keep an eye on Sophie and keep giving her first aid
medication according to the prescribed procedure while you contact the ambulance.

Your Task: Make a video recording of yourself demonstrating the successful completion of the following tasks:
3.1 providing first aid to Sophie as prescribed in her asthma care plan
3.2 provide instructions to the assistant educator on how to administer the first aid medication while you contact the ambulance

What should I do for this video recording?
For 3.1 --As my understanding i need to give her Ventolin 2 puffs apart 1 minutes. Hold the breath for 10 secs for each puff.
For 3.2 -- How to ask assistant educator keep giving her first aid ? Not really understand this ?!!! :ugeek: :ugeek:

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Sophie - Adminstering First Aid

Post by Lorina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:12 pm

Here is an example of Asthma Care Plan:

[attachment=0]AACPED2016 Care Plan for Early Childhood A4.pdf[/attachment]
http://ccccnsw.org.au/wp-content/upload ... ration.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Veron
Participator
Participator

Post by Veron » Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Thanks Lorina .

Reetkun

Post by Reetkun » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:54 pm

3.1 providing first aid to Sophie as prescribed in her asthma care plan
3.2 provide instructions to the assistant educator on how to administer the first aid medication while you contact the ambulance