Scenario: Kelsey - Unsure of Roles and Responsibilities

Forum for students doing their Certificate 3 in Childcare Studies.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Student's support in our forum will now be a part of our Premium Subscription service. This means students who have purchased a Premium Subscription will now be offered complimentary support in our Student Forums by us. This will only be available to students who have purchased a Premium Subscription. Click here to subscribe.
Nehab

Scenario: Kelsey - Unsure of Roles and Responsibilities

Post by Nehab » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:54 pm

hi i am doing certificate 3. and i am stuck with this question. can you pls help me out.

You work in a long day care service. The service has just employed a new trainee, Kelsey. You notice that Kelsey appears unsure of her roles and responsibilities throughout the day. Your room leader asks you to assist Kelsey in developing a better understanding of her responsibilities.

a) What areas of the Code of Ethics will guide you in dealing with Kelsey?
b) Identify three sources of information that you will use to assist Kelsey to understand her responsibilities.
c) As you discuss the service policies and procedures with Kelsey, you notice that the policy for the collection of children is out of date. What would you do?

i am stuck with a) and b)
for c) i wrote that i will tell my supervisor ask her to arrange team discussions with management and staff members to review the policies and procedures.

am i right for part c)

pls help

Nehab

Re: Code of ethics

Post by Nehab » Fri May 12, 2017 10:53 pm

[quote="Nehab"]hi lorina i am stuck with this question. can you pls help me out.

You work in a long day care service. The service has just employed a new trainee, Kelsey. You notice that Kelsey appears unsure of her roles and responsibilities throughout the day. Your room leader asks you to assist Kelsey in developing a better understanding of her responsibilities

c) As you discuss the service policies and procedures with Kelsey, you notice that the policy for the collection of children is out of date. What would you do?

pls help

Nehab

Re: Code of ethics

Post by Nehab » Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 pm

Hi lorina i am stuck with this question. can you pls help me out.

You work in a long day care service. The service has just employed a new trainee, Kelsey. You notice that Kelsey appears unsure of her roles and responsibilities throughout the day. Your room leader asks you to assist Kelsey in developing a better understanding of her responsibilities

a) As you discuss the service policies and procedures with Kelsey, you notice that the policy for the collection of children is out of date. What would you do?

pls help asap

Lorina

Re: Scenario: Kelsey - Unsure of Roles and Responsibilities

Post by Lorina » Mon May 15, 2017 5:31 am

- Bring it to the attention to the director
- Inform director of changes that are required
- Provide accuracies (for e.g from the Regulations) etc.

:geek:,
Lorina

susan_ooi

Re: Scenario: Kelsey - Unsure of Roles and Responsibilities

Post by susan_ooi » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi Nehab... I got this question too in my assessment. Can I know how you answered (a) and (b) pls?